Anxiety and fear...?? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anxiety and fear...?? Anxiety and fear...??

Unread 03-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Re: Anxiety and fear...??

I am feeling a bit better, my surgery is in a couple of days the 15th, mine is vaginal, my doctor is also doing the tugging of the bladder I have prolapse uterus and it is coming out I leak urine so you can imagine. I will not have an incision at least I hope not, although, once you are under anything can happen. I am keeping my ovaries too, dr. said they are healthy and can stay there doing what they are supposed to do. I am just so happy that I have all of you my ladies, this has been great. I will keep checking in, and as the other sisters say, see you all on the other side (post-op) :O)

Seriangely!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2012, 08:49 PM

Rosemary - go on to sleep, you have a long day and have to get up early. Bring your iPad with you, I know I am having my husband bring my to the room after surgery, and I will try my best to blog after my surgery to let all know how I feel. This group has been of great support, of course after my Big Daddy that is, nonetheless-I decided to take a break from school as well, I don't think it is a good idea for me to try and think and read while sedated with pain killers. Best of luck and stay calm! Seriangely
Unread 03-11-2012, 08:56 PM

Listen to your dr. Remember you will be in hospital for about 4 days then home. Take shower before you leave hospital. Each day will get better and you can wait a couple days and make your way up those stairs to take a shower. The walk may be good for you. Make sure someone is with you when you make that walk. I am going to try to get some sleep although tomorrow I am sure I will sleep most of the day. Thank You everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2012, 01:50 AM

I hear you. To the world, I am putting on a brave face. But inside, I am truly terrified. My previous surgeries were emergent, so no real time to think about them. This time, I've had 6 weeks to be scared...not good. But yeah, I think it's normal. And we're all here to listen and help. Peace.
Unread 03-12-2012, 02:01 AM

It is just a sense of relief knowing that what I am feeling is normal. Having surgery today and putting on my "big girl panties" and just going to let things happen the way it is suppose to. Sometimes you just have to let go of the fear and know that all will be fine and work out for the best. At least this is what I am telling myself. Will be in surgery in 3 hours!!! I hope I am given alot of drugs today. I barely drink dont do drugs but today I am going to tell them to drug me !!! Will get back to everyone as soon as I can.
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary333 View Post
I am having surgery Monday morning. I am very scared. Dont know how I will be after surgery and reading that some people takes weeks for post op healing. I am thinking one week at most not weeks. I run a business and cant be out for weeks. If I can make it to my computer would be great. I see some women appear to be very tired after hysterectomy? why is this? I am very afraid of the pain and If I will be able to handle it.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I really need to be back to work at 1 week, even if it's just working from home! If I can't pull this off, I won't be able to pay our rent & risk putting me & my boys out on the street. I'm having the SILS hysterectomy & my doctor said that many of her patients are back to work after 2 weeks. She even showed me some of her patients stories they'd written up for her & one woman said she was ready to go back in 1 week. Of course, she was also a belly dance instructor & in excellent health, so I'm sure that factored in.

I've been becoming more & more anxious the closer it gets. I'm scheduled for March 27th & right now I feel like I have far too many questions & not enough answers. I'm seeing my doctor on Wed, so hopefully I'll feel better about most of it after speaking with her. I've also scheduled an appt with my therapist for Friday. I think I about scared her to death when I called crying last week & saying, "I need you to make time for me now!" We used to meet weekly, but over the past year we've gone to a more "as needed" basis & it's been months since I've seen her. But right now, I feel like I don't know where else to turn!

The logical part of me knows that every emotion I am going through is completely justified & normal, but that doesn't seem to help all that much. I am due to start my last period ever (yay!) by the end of this week. I am hoping that the misery it brings with it will be enough to ease my fears by reminding me of just why it is I'm doing this in the first place.
Unread 03-12-2012, 02:40 PM

Hi Ppkgrrl,

I am 8 weeks post op and doing wonderful. Had 6 week check up 2 weeks ago, and everything is back to normal. I was almost pain free except for gas pain while in the hospital, but walking took care of that.

I think you may be able to go back to work as you hope if all goes well. I was in Walmart shopping the next day after I came home from the hospital tah. I was a little bent over the first couple of days, but not in pain, I had staples so they were a little uncomfortable, but it did not stop me really from doing anything.

I have been walking about 2 miles every other day on treadmill, so all is well.

I pray that you will have a speedy recovery as I did.
Unread 03-12-2012, 02:49 PM

I too am extremely anxious about my upcoming TVH. I was not prepared for such strong emotions.
Unread 03-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Anxiety and fear...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Faith~ View Post
I too am extremely anxious about my upcoming TVH. I was not prepared for such strong emotions.
Faith
The emotions are such a hard part of this. Just do the best you can each day. It's a very hard thing to lose your uterus and it's ok to grieve this. We understand.
Unread 03-12-2012, 06:04 PM

Thanks so much for your words.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register