Any young hystersisters? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any young hystersisters? Any young hystersisters?

Unread 03-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Any young hystersisters?

I had my LAVH February 14th. All went well, a spot was found on the back of my uterus that wasn't there when I had my laparoscopy in Oct of 2010(2nd one trying to find why I was in so much pain 24/7) Spot came back as pre-cancerous so I do feel blessed that it was caught earky...but I'm 20 and in a lot of ways feel sad and empty. I am lucky to have 2 handsome boys but stillfeel like I should of backed out of the surgery. Anyone else feel this way?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Re: Any young hystersisters?

I'm 28 and only have one child. I guess I'm still considered young! LOL! I do feel your pain though. Hang in there! I'm so glad they caught it early!
Unread 03-11-2012, 01:29 PM

I am 45 and opened this post to find out what young really means! WOW!

I do have a few thoughts for you though. No matter the situation loss is hard and grief is necessary for true healing. You lost more than a body part. You lost a womanly body function and season of life. And you lost it way too early! Your boys need a healthy mom so you made a selfless decision to give them a huge gift, YOU! There were plenty of maybes but only 1 guarantee.

After I had my 3rd baby (a surprise) I had my tubes tied because I had high blood pressure when pregnant and just could not do it again or risk orphaning my children. One afternoon a pediatric visiting nurse found me drenched in tears because I would never experience this new baby feeling again. She talked to me about grieving over the loss of a season of life. She made so much sense. She told me to take care of myself and allow myself room to grieve.

I offer that same advice to you. Read a little about grief and as hard as it is give yourself room, permission and time to grieve. As hard as it is to do as moms, take care of yourself.

Hang in there!

{{{{HUGS}}}} to you, and prayers for you!

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2012, 04:34 PM

MelissaAnn.......very well put!!! You are an amazing woman with great advice!
Skyland.....you are very young, but you DID the right thing!! Cancer is EVIL and very hard to beat! You will be healthy for your children.....you will watch them grow to become men....raised by a very brave Mother who loves them.
Cry when you need to honey!!! Be proud of what you did.
Love and respect for you!
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:41 PM

Like Melissa, I am 45 and I thought I was young! I can't begin to imagine what it is like for you sisters who are so young. I have 3 teenagers and I knew that my child bearing years were done when I was told I had to have a hysterectomy. My gosh, my oldest is just 2 years younger than you! That put things in perspective for me. I know it's hard knowing that this surgery means none of us will have the chance of bringing life into this world. Whether you are 20 or 45, it is hard. I can tell you that things do get better and once you have given yourself time to grieve, as I learned over the last 2 1/2 months, you can move forward. You have 2 boys that have their mom - cancer free. I had a major complication and my family almost lost me on Christmas day - it makes you stop dead in your tracks and forces you to look around at all the blessings you do have. Like Melissa said, it's hard for us moms to take care of ourselves, but you do need time to heal emotionally and physically. Many hugs and prayers your way young sister!!
Unread 03-11-2012, 05:06 PM

Skyland, I am so sorry you had to go through this so young. I just turned 29 so I'm still young, just not that young I hope you can find peace with your decision. Honestly you did a great thing for yourself to stay healthy for your boys. Had I been able to have kids younger I would have had mine done a lot sooner! Living with everyday pain isn't good for you or your kids because you can't be everything to them if your in pain all the time. Hugs to you!
Unread 03-11-2012, 05:14 PM

I am 34 and I feel I am young lol. I had a emergency hysterectomy due to infection. Its hard choice to make and very difficult for me any way to come to terms with. Even though I felt I was done having children I still wasn't ready for the feeling of loss I had. You are a very brave mom and you made the right choice to be healthy for your babies. I keep you in my prayers and send you hugs.
Unread 03-11-2012, 05:36 PM

I am 38, I had my tubes tied after my second beautiful baby boy. But boy, I didn't realize how hard this loss was going to be. I'm two weeks out and still very sad. 20 years old, wow! You are young but be grateful to be able to be here for your boys. Uterine cancer took my mom when I was just 6, and that has been super hard for me. Hang in there I hear it gets better.
Unread 03-11-2012, 05:53 PM

I am 30 and were only able to have one daughter. There are good days and bad days for me. Melissa Ann gave great advice. Big hugs!
Unread 03-11-2012, 06:25 PM

I was 33 when I had my hysterectomy 2 years ago due to ovarian cancer. No children, but we are hot on the adoption trail.

Kelley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register