Any young hystersisters? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any young hystersisters? Any young hystersisters?

Unread 03-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Re: Any young hystersisters?

Thank you ladies. I do need to remember how badly this could of went. I'm very lucky I get to watch my boys grow up. And with me finally having no pain I get to enjoy my boys and actually have fun this summer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2012, 06:31 PM

Today it was beautiful outside and playing woth my oldest was a great feeling. Put me in an amazing mood!!!
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:27 PM

I was 25 when I had surgery. I just turned 26. When people found out all they said was wow you are so young. Well if I didn't have surgery I would have been young forever cause I would have died. I am happy I have my two children. I Would have hated to not have children and had the chance taken away. Just be great full you have healthy children and now you are a healthier happier mom :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2012, 09:11 PM

I am 34, had my hysterectomy due to endometrial cancer that was found during one of my infertility workups. We have no children and had been trying for awhile. Prior to my surgery I had an emergency egg retrieval done and we now have 16 frozen embryos or as my DH calls them our popsicles awaiting a surrogate mother to carry for us once we get the 40,000 dollars (yikes!)

I thought I was young, sorry you had to deal with this so much younger, but hug those babies of yours and know that you did the right thing to be around for them for many years to come =)
Unread 03-12-2012, 06:03 AM

I am 23 and just haf mine Feb 1st. I have one son and a loving husband. I was in so much pain everyday, and I was usuallycrying doubled-over in pain. I had dealt with this since I was 17. My periods lasted 3 months at a time, and I thought I would bleed to death! My son would get upset seeing me in so much pain. I decided it wasn't fair to him that he couldnt have his mother at 100%. He had already seen me go through several surgeries and treatments. My son needed me more than I needed my broken uterus.
Unread 03-16-2012, 03:21 AM

Much love to all you beautiful ladies and your stories... I was blessed enough to have one son, and would love to adopt.... And most IMPORTANT of all...... The cancer was caught early. At 38, I still felt loss, I still felt grief, I was even angry for a minute that MY choice was taken away....after all of that, I realized I want to live as long as I possibly can for my #1 that I have ...much love... Cheers to life!
Unread 03-16-2012, 05:43 AM

I'm 29 and I never had kids. I was trying to wait until I was 35 for my hysterectomy because I knew I needed one, but I also wanted to wait until I was 35 for my husband and I to make the choice whether or not to have children.

That choice was promptly taken from me this year. I was placed in a very high stress job after a job cut and I really believe the stress from my current job made all my fibroids grow.

I had never had menstrual flooding before, but suddenly, every period was even more ridiculously heavy than before. Sometimes I couldn't get out of the shower because I knew if I stuck a Super Plus tampon it, it would soak right through.

I grieved for a very long time. I had never really wanted kids, but I did want my husband's. I've been in love with my husband since I was 14, but we just got together 3 years ago.

My mom and I were talking about it yesterday and I said that people kept telling me, "Well, you can always adopt," (which, my mom told me, she hated hearing because it's not necessarily a consolation), but I told her that, because I've never been a huge fan of children, I knew that I HAD to have my own and that I couldn't have a surrogate because I HAD to be pregnant to bond with my child.

I was also sad after talking to one of my cousins whose husband died last year. She seems to be surviving it because she has two of his children that "immortalized" him. I realized that if the love of my life were to pass on, I wouldn't have anything.

I do feel better now about it all, now that I've had my surgery, though. I can't wait to lose the 15 lbs that 3 birth control pills a day made me gain within a year. I can't wait to be able to go on vacation without trying to schedule it around an irregular period. I can't wait until I can go spend the night at an in-law's house without being worried about soiling their sheets.

I can't wait until the black towels beside my bed are used for something other than trying not to bleed all over the floor on the way to the restroom. I can't wait until I can go a month without become severely anemic.

Like everyone else said-- you made the right choice. You can be there for your little ones. It's horrible to lose something that belongs to you at any age. Even though I've called my uterus "evil" for years, I was still sad at losing my arch-nemesis.
Unread 03-17-2012, 12:24 AM

I am 30 and this was a very tough decision for me. I have two kids luckily and as far as I am concerned they are my miracle babies. I thought with all my heart that I was ready to have this surgery and once it was over and the doctor bragged about how fast the surgery went my heart sank and I immediately thought "oh my goodness, did I do the right thing?"

The answer is yes I did. There are good days and there are bad and sometimes when someone says something about having a baby I want to cry.

I feel your pain. The advice that Melissa Ann gave was fabulous and it helped me just now when I read it as well. I feel your pain though and even though it is difficult you will get through this and be stronger.

to you!
Unread 03-17-2012, 06:03 AM

I just turned 34 and had everything taken due to endometriosis. Glad you posted about " young". Now we have some more sisters we can message about what we are going thru to gain even more wisdom. Blessings to all as we continue on this journey.
Unread 03-17-2012, 07:17 AM

I'm 29 and had tvh on the 15th. Even though we were "done" having kids, it's still really hard to accept now that I know that we can't change our mind! Ive heard thus a lot both online and IRL, so I feel it's very its very normal to grew the loss of fertility, even if you weren't planning to use it!
Luckily, I only had part of one overly removed, because I will be needing them for some time to co e. certainly not ready for menopause!
Hang in there, we are all here for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register