Feel like nobody believes me... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feel like nobody believes me... Feel like nobody believes me...

Unread 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Re: Feel like nobody believes me...

Your not a baby, and luckily you have your hystersisters to tell you that! I am about 2 weeks away from my surgery date and just started my ( hopefully) last period today. I am sick and in pain every day and now today am once again reminded that surgery can't come soon enough! Best of luck to you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2012, 05:05 AM

Thanks everybody! It's SO nice to know that there are others who feel the same things I do - physically and emotionally. I feel a little better today. Still working, still in pain, still frustrated, BUT, it's one day closer and I have a plan going that should help me relax a little. Thanks This place is great!
Unread 03-14-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuneeJello View Post
I know and understand your pain. 10 years ago I had a stupid, stupid doctor that told me that all my pain, heavy bleeding, etc. was all normal.

I suffered for so long avoiding OB/Gyn for those 10 years. I finally could not deal with the pain, got a new doctor who referred me to a good Lady Doctor.

I am so looking forward to the 16th. I will take surgery any day than to go through another period (which I will be on during the surgery, FIGURES!)!
Hugs,
J

This sounds like my experience! I had a LSH 2weeks ago and i feel Great. Try not to worry too much before surgery, and afterwards do not over do it. Remember healing from the inside out! Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2012, 12:51 AM

Thanks piper! I can't do anything about the nausea either! Preggie pops/drops help take the edge off. Gin-gins, some ginger candy, help a little bit but only if I can suck on them 24/7. I had a laparoscopy and d&c last summer. Helped for a few weeks but back to the pain and cramps and all that other lovely stuff! I had an MRI but it showed nothing significant, but what does that mean??? I think adenomyosis is in my future list of issues too. I guess we'll see soon enough!!! 1 month and 3 days.. but who's counting??
So excited for you to go to the castle next week! Need anything? Let me know!
Unread 03-15-2012, 01:34 AM

I felt the same way. Because you don't look dead and dying they think nothing is wrong. The other thing I have found is that when I have mentioned my surgery to other women they are very dismissive of it. One of them said that she'd had a caesarian and was up and about the next day so I had nothing to worry about, to which I replied 'oh, so you were concerned you had cancer?'. Not one of my better days, poor woman. They really don't have a clue, and because it's to do with your reproductive system everyone thinks they're an expert.

Chin up and think all that wonderful energy we'll have soon!
Unread 03-15-2012, 01:34 AM

I totally understand where you're coming from. I work 2 jobs and my boss at my 2nd one was clueless about the whole thing until I broke it down for him. He doesn't have any sisters so things have to be broken down to him like a little kid. His Mom (who is the co-owner of the business) was a lot more sympathetic especially to the fact that they now consider it a day surgery and told me to take care of myself and my job would be waiting. My other job is for the local school district so I get what you mean about that whole situation.
Tomorrow will be 1 week since my surgery and I am already way more pain free than I was before. I feel like I can finally get some rest without worrying about flooding in the night.

If you are already having the nausea issues make sure to ask your doctor for a prescription for something to take afterwards at home. Also make sure you stress the nausea to the staff before your surgery and they can give you meds to help with that.
Unread 03-15-2012, 01:44 AM

val243 Thank you for the tips. I'll be sure to add that to my list of things to discuss with the doc! Did you get the gas before you fell asleep or how did they knock you out? Do you remember? I had gas last time and that made me so so nauseated they just hurried and put me out before I could puke on them. Hoping this time I'm out before I'm gassed.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and all the best to you!
Unread 03-15-2012, 07:29 AM

Omg when I read this it was like I wrote you read my thoughts and feelings when is your surgery mine is 3/26/12 and what type are you having done
Unread 03-15-2012, 11:24 AM

Ladies, your feelings are shared by women worldwide. For so long I was told that pain was just a normal part of being female and to suck it up. Thing is, diagnostic imaging shows nothing compared to when they open you up and take a look. I finally moved to a different city where doctors listen to their patients and got a GYN (a man, odd I know) who told me, "It is completely unacceptable to be in pain all the time. We need to fix this." I almost cried. My surgery got scheduled and I am now 8 days out of surgery and feeling better than I did before surgery. Also, when they operated they found a whole host of problems that never showed up on any test. Yes, you can have seemingly good MRIs and ultrasounds and be riddled with disease inside.

I am blessed to have a mother who went through the exact same thing as me at the same age so she has been my greatest support. My dad just worries and frets. It helped to get him to do stuff for me. He has now become the primary caretaker of my pet rabbit. He set up my room for me and is always ready to pass me anything I need. He seems more peaceful when I busy him with stuff to do so consider doing that with anyone who worries incessantly.

I never thought my surgery would get here but it did and now I am healing and feeling like I made the best decision of my life. You'll get there too. Don't worry what other people think, they can't possible understand what you are going through. Take care of yourself, that is the most important thing. Good luck to all you ladies in waiting!
Unread 03-15-2012, 11:45 AM

Just know we are all here for you with oodles of support. Like I say you are a short-timer!! Pretty soon it will be all over and then you will be able to live life and enjoy it to the fullest!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register