Feel like nobody believes me... - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feel like nobody believes me... Feel like nobody believes me...

Unread 03-22-2012, 01:36 AM
Re: Feel like nobody believes me...

I understand anger at the disbelief. When I was in school the doctor told me it was normal, my father decided it was all in my head and on my monthly trip to the school infirmary (when it started there) to lay down while I waited for my mom to pick me up the vice principal actually said " Are you really in pain? I see your tears but I think you just might be a good actress trying to get out of class"
Years later I had a good doctor who believed, understood and discovered real issues like endometriosis and ovarian cysts etc.
You sound like a strong person. Probably even stronger than you think!
Today is THE DAY and you made it. I hope that this is the day things start to get better and you can get back to life feeling brand new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2012, 01:41 AM

Yes...today is the day! I am not looking forward to the next few days, but I AM looking forward to a few weeks from now...and ever after that! Of course, I had a massive flood earlier...one last hurrah, I guess...it's kind of funny - I actually laughed. My uterus, she KNOWS...
Unread 03-22-2012, 07:24 AM

Go piper!!! Show that uterus who's boss! Best wishes for smooth sailing. It will be over before you know it and you will soon be leading others from the other side. Get plenty of rest and look forward to hearing from you when you are feeling up to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2012, 08:20 PM

Yeah. Hope it goes well and you have speedy recovery. Lol
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:44 PM

Good luck piper!!!
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:44 AM

So far, so good! Off of my pain pump and now just on hydrocodone and toradol. Up 3 times now, walked the halls, and very hungry. Started with crackers, finally. Yay! Who knew a Saltine would be so exciting? Ha! Pain is tolerable. It's fine unless I cough, sneeze, or get up. Once up, fine, too, until I lay down. Movement = pain BUT...I was told post-op that the excruciating pain was from a twisted L ovary and tube. I guess the cysts were the least of my issues over there. Waiting on pathology for now. Totally forgot to ask about fibroid size...again! Will do that later and report back. As for TAH, well, it's not as bad as you would think. I had a bikini cut and glue, not staples. It hurts, sure, but no more than what got me here in the first place...

Here's to every lady waiting! There is an end in sight and it's not as scary as people make it out to be. It is an obstacle, but that's ALL it is...an obstacle. No worries. Really. It will be okay!
Unread 03-23-2012, 12:09 PM

Glad to hear you are doing well take it easy and rest and they found the cause of your pain. I sure.dont miss that. If you get bored and need to talk we.are always here.lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register