The awkward question... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The awkward question... The awkward question...

Unread 03-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Re: The awkward question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharona19 View Post
My DR told me pre op 8 weeks after my dVh/BSO for sex. At my 8 week check up, she said I looked great but added 2 more weeks to be totally safe and only if I was ready. We waited till 12 weeks mostly due hubby's fear. My libido pre op was HIGH and sex was great. Post op, it is Mount Everest high and sex is STELLAR!!! I asked at my 3 week appt. about outercourse and was cleared but no oral. Again, it was awesome. Do not cheat. The possible consequences aren't worth it. Your DR will be fair and you'll live with the wait.
I am looking forward to Stellar! I see you are in Salem. Did you go to Legacy up in portland to have your surgery or did you stay in salem for it? I will be at Legacy across the river.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2012, 03:46 PM

I stayed in Salem and had the BEST team-all women, not one male in the OR. Im sure its why I am doing so well. I had great care. Our hospital is growing and is an amazing facility. Stellar is not far away : ) Good luck and stay dry, it's still pouring here.
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:50 PM

Snow here, but I live about an hour and a half north of Portland. I am just more comfortable with my team of ladies at Legacy so I am opting to travel there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2012, 04:01 PM

I just transferred my care here about a year ago. It was difficult, but driving back and forth to Corvallis was taking its toll. It was a sign though. My previous DR continually dismissed my complaints of lengthy/heavy bleeding to that of "that's what women have to deal with". I truly believed that all women were like me and that I was just a wimp. My new DR immediately referred me to the GYN and from there straight to U/S where my mutant uterus was discovered. I scheduled my hyster the following week. In the end, they removed that 12lb beast in a 5 hour da Vinci. My surgeon apologized to me for the poor care I had before. My life was changed by this surgery. I can't believe who I am now. I feel too good to be angry over the years lost to hemorraging, pain and anemia. I really am that good.
Unread 03-13-2012, 04:07 PM

Sex was a tough one for me also. I began again at the 6 week mark because after I was cleared at 4 weeks, doc said "be on top so you can "drive"", but that felt awkward.

As I healed more and more, it felt better. Once your mental health has recovered and you gain confidence there (in your head) having sex was easier.
It's been a year and 4 months now I guess, and I have THE BEST SEX LIFE I've ever had.
I never knew it could feel this great!
I was so nervous that my sensations and feelings would never come back. They were back in full force!
Once you are cleared, only try it when you feel up to it, otherwise getting back in the saddle is up to you when your mental health and confidence has returned.
Unread 03-13-2012, 04:19 PM

After all we've been through, my husband us a good "waiter"! I think it's great that some women are up for it right after childbirth, but after 3 HARD pregnancies, and vagunal deliveries, there was no fun in the playhouse!
I am looking forward to being able to do it when I want to, rather than when I have time to deal with the debilitating pain afterward, but I don't see that happening for 6-40 weeks... Yes, 40. I'm thinking a vaginal hyster will be something akin to a vaginal delivery with really, really bad tearing! In the meantime, there is other ways to be intimate, we have Internet, and I plan to sleep a lot, so hubby will just have to make do! He's a good guy, patient, and totally understands! Rather do it when it's right, than cause damage in the process.
Unread 03-13-2012, 04:29 PM

I've not had children so I can't speak to that pain, but I was truly amazed at the minimal vaginal pain I had. I was sure it would be horrible. I ached definitely, but that is not where my strong pain was post op. They key no matter how long you wait, is to be ready to proceed and to take your time. It's like a new first time. You get to date and learn about each other all over again. It was quite stimulating for my hubby and I.
Unread 03-13-2012, 04:33 PM

not cleared until 6 months? wow I'd be a raging ***** hormone machine! I was cleared at 4 weeks. But wasn't mentally ready until about 6 weeks.

Definitely don't do it early until your stitches have healed from your cervix.be cleared by doc.

You will be in so much pain after you just got healed that's a huge bummer!
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:10 PM

I am single,
Don't have to worry about that part.
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:14 PM

This is so different than having a c-section!
The gas pains, discharge, constipation, & bloating. I'm at almost 2 weeks and I love my fiancé but I can't imagine having sex right now. The pain & I'm just gross right now!
Thank God he loves me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register