Weight loss anyone after Hysterectomy??? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight loss anyone after Hysterectomy??? Weight loss anyone after Hysterectomy???

Unread 03-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Re: Weight loss anyone after Hysterectomy???

Well, I will be five weeks out on Wednesday (3/14) and I have not lost any weight at all, but it takes a lot for me to lose my appetite. I even enjoyed the hospital food! I will say though that my tummy is definitely smaller than before the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2012, 08:57 PM

Thanks ladies, I hope to lose weight just like u all and thank u for the well wishes. Wish u all the best
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:14 AM

I am so jealous of all of you losing weight. I'm almost 4 weeks postop and have gained 7 pounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2012, 09:27 AM

I've lost almost 35lbs in the 5 months post op. My uterus weighed 11.6lbs, so I had an immediate flattening of my belly when that monster was evicted. The DR had me at a 6 month gestational uterus. I had a decent swelly belly and put on 9lbs of fluid gain immediately after surgery. The weight came off with no effort. My eating habits have changed quite a bit. A very small amount fills me up and I genuinely crave healthier foods and I'm able to/want to do more exercise because I feel so great. The swelly belly stuck around for quite a while and still can pop up at the end of the day. You could conceivably put on weight during recovery if you eat poorly. I did not because I just didn't want unhealthy foods. This surgery has many hidden perks. It's also a great time to make changes to your lifestyle-eat better, exercise more, quit smoking or start a new hobby. Good luck to you : )
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:35 AM

OMG! Sharona19, that's amazing. My DR has me at a 5 1/2 gestational uterus and like I said one of my fibroids is 12 cm (4 inches). I can't wait to get this out of me and get back to my normal life. I have read that many woman do get full faster and tend to want to eat healthier, like u said this procedure does have its perks. What if anything do you do to help control the swelly belly?
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:52 AM

Yes, I am eating absolutely poorly. All I crave right now is sugar and lots of it. I just got some bloodwork done because I'm thinking I might be anemic, which could explain the cravings.
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:58 AM

Some ladies have used a belly binder. I did not. Really rest and time are the only cures for the dreaded swelly belly. Some ladies have no issues at all. Maybe you'll luck out. It does go away though.
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:05 AM

I am 4 wks post op today and have lost a few pounds. I'm feeling well enough to up my walking, so hopefully I can keep it off and even lose more. It's amazing how quickly our bodies turn to goo when we just sit around around all day!
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:11 AM

Thanks Sharona 19
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:13 AM

JMigon
Keep up the good work and wish u a speedy recovery

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register