Weight loss anyone after Hysterectomy??? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight loss anyone after Hysterectomy??? Weight loss anyone after Hysterectomy???

Unread 03-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Re: Weight loss anyone after Hysterectomy???

I am 4 1/2 wks post op and lost 8 lbs mostly the first 3 wks, bc of low appetite. I am going to start walking now and hope to drop a few more. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2012, 05:22 PM

Thanks and good luck to u as well in keeping the weight off. I did hear that many woman do lose their appetite, so that's a plus
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:04 AM

I was told NOT to weigh for a while after the surgery! They will pump you full of IV fluids and it will take a little while for that to come off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2012, 08:24 AM

Unread 03-25-2012, 08:25 AM

I've lost 5lbs...suprising with being so inactive. I've noticed I'm craving salads, fresh fruits, seafood. Figure my body is wanting certain things, and with all the fresh spring ingredients available, I'm listening! I'm 5'7, size 12 and very happy with my body. Now get the swelly belly down and I'll feel back to normal!
Unread 03-25-2012, 03:30 PM

I had great success with the "HCG Diet" back in November and I'm 9 days post-op. One question I plan to ask at my follow-up appt on Thursday is if/when I can resume the HCG - since it does contain hormones, I'm not sure if it will effect me or not. I've still got my ovaries, even though they are asleep or shocked or just ignoring me right now! Anyone else do the HCG Diet?
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:05 PM

I lost a total of 20 pounds since I took the Lupron Shot (12/14/11) to prepare for surgery. This could be because I was advised to eat 6 smaller (super healthy) meals to help with the Lupron side effects (which were so bad). I also increased my water intake. My surgery was on 2/17/12 and I probably lost about 5-7 more pounds after surgery.
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:46 PM

I've lost about 15lbs since my surgery on 1/9. I'm very pleased. I think it may be due to the fact that I am not bleeding any more. I was anemic and kept eating thinking it would give me some energy. I feel I have more energy then I have in years. Good Luck!
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:31 PM

Hi!
I had my TVH on 3/15 and I have already lost 10 pounds! I had a little over two pounds of fibroids taken out, so I actually have lost around 8 lbs. My belly has already gone down! My fibroids were big and plenty!! I don't really crave bad foods, I want good stuff! Gonna take advantage of this as long as I can
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:27 AM

I am with all of you...I have lost 35 pounds since my surgery...most of it in the first 5 or 6 months. I went from a size 8 to a size 2!!!

My appetite has changed drastically since the surgery. I no longer have cravings for chocolate and sweets, I want fruit, veggies, and other healthy foods. I also get full very quickly. I take about 6 bites of my meal and I am full to the point of being uncomfortable. I make sure that I eat several small meals during the day and I also drink Ensure shakes (YUCK) to make sure that I am still getting all the nutrients that my body needs.

It is common for weight loss to occur after a hysterectomy, but it doesn't happen for everyone
I hope you are one of the lucky ones as well!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register