Not Scheduled 36 days and counting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

36 days and counting 36 days and counting

Unread 03-12-2012, 06:13 PM
36 days and counting

My doctor introduced the idea of a hysterectomy seven years ago when I was 33. For a number of reasons I have put it off, mainly due to the financial strain I would experience being off work and being a single parent. The last few months, however, my periods have gotten heavier(they've been heavy for years) and began to come more frequently and longer. I've had fibroids for 13 years and my uterus is flipped and has been severely prolapse for many years so between that and the arthritis in my back I have had terrible back pain for years. My body has been giving me strong clues for the surgery for quite some time so it's about time I got on board.

This last period came five days early and has not stopped. I have been bleeding now for 36 days so I finally made the decision to have the surgery, in spite of any financial strain it may cause. I need to have my quality of life back. The bleeding has been so heavy and the clotting was quite scary. I work in health care so I was even more freaked out by the clots and the thought of bleeding to death! I knew I wasn't but it was scary none the less to see that coming out of my body so frequently at that size for days on end. My hemoglobin levels are quite low and my gyn won't do surgery until I see a hemotologist to raise my levels, which was disappointing. I had already selected a date in my mind that would work for the surgery so I got the air let out of my "get my life back" balloon when she said we would have to wait a bit. I know it's necessary but once I made up my mind I was just ready to get it scheduled and over with. She is putting me on Lupron to stop the bleeding. I'm a bit intimidated by the idea of this drug after reading online reviews but I have to stop this bleeding. I am so weak. I can't clean my home. I've missed work. I can't even walk short distances without feeling like I'm going to pass out. And I have missed social events and working out because I'm too weak.

I know I made the right decision and I just need to be patient and let the process work itself out. I just want relief and to feel like myself again. Two friends recently had the surgery and said they wish they had done it sooner so I can't wait to have that feeling too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register