Progesterone Cream - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Progesterone Cream Progesterone Cream

Unread 04-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Re: Progesterone Cream

After my hysterectomy I was placed on a vivelle dot patch, which I do love. I began having issues with insomnia, hot flashes and irritability. I did lots of research and started using an otc progesterone cream - by Emerita- called Pro- Gest. It is a natural cream from my local organic market. It has been a lifesaver! I can't tell you how much better it makes me feel . I haven't had issues with my hair thinning, but have noticed my hair is curlier than pre- surgery. My hairdresser says it may be due to the anesthesia and temporary.
Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2012, 01:10 PM

I have tried natural progesterone cream and it does help the dryness.
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:23 PM

My hair fell out by the handfulls after my surgery so I cut it boy short for about 5 years. When I finally let it grow back out it is super curly and still is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2012, 12:34 PM

Hi Kim, love your answers...does sound like you've been there and back. I'm new, so I don't know your age. My experience has been nothing but a downer...and to think I actually polled 8 women and 4 doctors before my surgery!!! Even requested to keep an ovary and was told it wasn't necessary...talk about regret. If you could tell me how you weaned off RX scripts to an OTC? I'm on vivelle and compound cream with testosterone..best so far, but still not back to myself....and have never come close to feeling like me. I appreciate any input as I am through with doctors. Don't think I'll ever trust again. Thank you.

Happy Holiday

still dealing
Unread 08-01-2012, 07:10 PM

I have been really reading a lot about progesterone cream. I haven't had my hysterectomy yet but I want to be prepaired. I think I will try it once I have my hysterectomy.
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:52 AM

Yes, progesterone cream caused a definitive hair loss issue for me. My hair lookedbetter, but was coming out by handfuls.

By other things I felt (increased libido, energy, aggressive, break-outs), I thought maybe it was converting to testosterone. But prometrium (oral) does not do this so I'm not sure what the issue is with the creams for me. I tried two different brands (emerita and Source Naturals) and had the same issue.
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:43 AM

that is scarey. I have thin hair already.
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:07 AM

I have used progesterone cream for years, I have not experienced any hair loss from using it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register