TAH Zumba after TAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Zumba after TAH Zumba after TAH

Unread 03-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Zumba after TAH

Hi was just wondering if anyone found going back to Zumba ok after they had recovered. I used to do 3 classes a week and cant wait to go back but I'm only 4 weeks post op so won't be for a while yet. I also miss the social side to and even though I've lost weight after my op I feel really flabby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Re: Zumba after TAH

I've got the new Zumba 2 and week 5 I started doing the short class (15min.) at low intensity and it was great. I modified some of the moves, like a deep squat. Have fun.
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:11 PM

Wow, Leagle73 - nice to see another Sotonian!

I'm really fed up with being flabby, too, after a couple of years feeling exhausted all the time with anaemia pre-op. I have given myself until after Easter and then I am going to have a bash at pilates and zumba. I am 4 months now and I can still over-do it just with pulling up brambles in the garden so you definitely need to listen to your body. If you were taking 3 classes a week, though, you were probably in a lot better shape than I was :-)

Hope you're recovering well.

Kate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Zumba after TAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely Fan View Post
I've got the new Zumba 2 and week 5 I started doing the short class (15min.) at low intensity and it was great. I modified some of the moves, like a deep squat. Have fun.
Hi and thanks, I have it on the Xbox kinect I might give a short 20 min programme a go once I've had my 6 week check up, didn't even think about trying that first at least then I can do it at my own pace with some modified moves.
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Zumba after TAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimiste View Post
Wow, Leagle73 - nice to see another Sotonian!

I'm really fed up with being flabby, too, after a couple of years feeling exhausted all the time with anaemia pre-op. I have given myself until after Easter and then I am going to have a bash at pilates and zumba. I am 4 months now and I can still over-do it just with pulling up brambles in the garden so you definitely need to listen to your body. If you were taking 3 classes a week, though, you were probably in a lot better shape than I was :-)

Hope you're recovering well.

Kate
Hi nice to speak to someone from Southampton to, I live in Totton.

I think being active before by op has helped with the recovery and can't wait to get active again, seeing my consultant on the 29th and will see what he says, I also want to do Pilates as I used to do that to for a while. I won't do anything to soon as I know when I've done to much as I get a bit sore and take it easy for a day or so. Good luck with your fitness plan after Easter.

Lisa
Unread 03-13-2012, 05:01 PM

Hi, I was doing Zumba 4 days a week for 3 years, I think that's what I miss the most, I can't wait till I can go back. I told myself I would wait at least 3 months before I go back.
Unread 03-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Zumba after TAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y777 View Post
Hi, I was doing Zumba 4 days a week for 3 years, I think that's what I miss the most, I can't wait till I can go back. I told myself I would wait at least 3
months before I go back.
Thanks I think it's my friends and also the music I miss to, I was thinking about 2 1/2 to 3 months I just hope the time goes quick.
Unread 03-14-2012, 07:48 AM

I was a 6 day a week exerciser and am feeling the flab too. Mentally I want to be doing yoga, spinning, weights and was hoping at 8 weeks I could be bac to it. I hit my 5 week mark tomorrow and am thinking that it may be more like 3 months. I get tired walking less than one mile now and my abs are still very tender. Good luck with the Zumba and Pilates ladies. I am with you anxiously awaiting my pre op life!
Unread 03-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Zumba after TAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by darncancer View Post
I was a 6 day a week exerciser and am feeling the flab too. Mentally I want to be doing yoga, spinning, weights and was hoping at 8 weeks I could be bac to it. I hit my 5 week mark tomorrow and am thinking that it may be more like 3 months. I get tired walking less than one mile now and my abs are still very tender. Good luck with the Zumba and Pilates ladies. I am with you anxiously awaiting my pre op life!
Thanks I have just walked about a mile if that and my abbs and back are aching think it will be a while before I'm at Zumba. Good luck with your recovery. X
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:37 AM

It is amazing how little we can do. Take it easy and rest awhile now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register