TAH hot flashes normal? And no vaginal disharge normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hot flashes normal? And no vaginal disharge normal? hot flashes normal? And no vaginal disharge normal?

Unread 03-13-2012, 07:46 PM
hot flashes normal? And no vaginal disharge normal?

I am not quite a week out from my hysterectomy. It was done the 8th and today is the 13th.
I have been getting horrid hot flashes all day. I had 1 ovary removed and the other was cauterized to remove endometreosis. Is it normal to have hot flashes? I may have overdone it today because I had to go have the staples taken out then went to the grocery then saw my therapist so maybe that is why?

Also I was expecting to have vaginal discharge but so far have none. The nurse at the hospital said the doctor probably cauterized it so maybe that is why. Does this mean I just won't have any discharge or am I going to get a surprise in a few days?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Re: hot flashes normal? And no vaginal disharge normal?

I had a TVH on the 8th. I have only had discharge when I wipe. I have both my ovaries, but have had slight hot flashes here & there. Depends on what I've been doing. From what I have read, the surgery can kind of 'shock' your ovaries and hot flashes & moodiness can occur. Things should calm down soon!
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:31 PM

I had a TAH one year ago, and I never had any vaginal discharge. I also started having hot flashes before I left the hospital!

For me, the hot flashes were bad for about 3 months, and then they calmed down quite a bit. I can't take HRT, so that was something to be grateful for.

Hope that helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2012, 06:06 AM

Thanks for the replies. I was worried that cauterizing the remaining ovary might have caused it to decide to not work. But hopefully it's just shocked. I was so angry during the hot flash and I felt bad because I had no reason to be angry I just was.
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:06 AM

I can't help with the discharge since I had an LSH. But I wanted to let you know that I kept both ovaries and still had hot flashes in the beginning. I am almost 4 weeks post op and they have stopped.

Good luck to you!
Unread 03-14-2012, 03:05 PM

I had no discharge until I overdid on lifting and squatting. Then I had light spotting plus some granulation (had to have silver nitrate once). Now that it is healed, nothing again :-)

I get my hot flashes at night, while I'm sleeping. Not the drenching night sweats I had over the last 2 years; just an overwhelming rise in temp.

I had both ovaries removed, so mine is definitely menopause.
Your ovary may have been shocked/stressed by the surgery and all--it may take a while for it to get back in the game.
Unread 03-15-2012, 07:14 PM

I'm 9 weeks now and have had no bleeding or discharge at all, not even after intercourse. I kept my ovaries but did have bad hot flashes for the first 3 weeks.
Unread 03-15-2012, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the replies. I have been so moody! It's not even funny. I had more pain today than I have had but I over did things a bit too. I am not patient with healing. It's really hard for me to be down like this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register