Ok...it's getting real now. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ok...it's getting real now. Ok...it's getting real now.

Unread 03-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Re: Ok...it's getting real now.

Good luck and happy healing. My surgery is in a week and I am so anxious about it. I have lived with surgery thoughts now for almost 2 months and it does wear on me. I pray the days of healing go as fast as the days to my surgery. Time has flown. So many of these posts I think I could have written too. Bless you all and restful healing too. You are all in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2012, 12:14 PM

Sending you big hugs! The best part of surgery is that all the anticipation, fear and uncertainty is gone! You go home focused on recovery and thinking about your new life that will be without all of the drama and pain of whatever issues you had before. Three weeks out as of yesterday, and I maintain that this was the best thing I could have done for myself. It took a couple years of anxiously exploring lots of other options. Now I stand on the other side wondering why I didn't do this earlier!!! Good luck tomorrow, it'll be over before you know it.
Unread 03-15-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainyday49ers View Post
Surgery is on Friday and you know it's real when your name goes up at the top of this forum in the "best wishes" posts.

Definitely feeling the fear and anxiety now. I'm having a TVH and this will be my first stay in a hospital other than childbirth. Not bad I guess for 40 something but still...

Best wishes to everyone else still waiting. It is sure nice to have such a wonderful place as Hystersisters to make the journey less scary and lonely. Truly those who best understand are those in the same boat.
Ditto Rainyday49ers! We share the same day, it really is setting in.
We Can Do This!
J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2012, 04:27 PM

Rainyday, I had LAVH on 3/6 and the waiting (oh and the bowel prep, ESPECIALLY the bowel prep lol) has been the worst part of this process so far for me! Ive never had surgery and like you, only hospital stay was for childbirth. I know these next hours will be full of anticipation, may be even some tears, but remember it will be over before you know it (that's true! You'll feel like no time passed). Best wishes to you!!
Unread 03-17-2012, 11:27 AM

My surgery was rescheduled for Monday. I am in Germany and my German is not perfect, so it has been wonderful to have found this site. No, it is not a military base and I have not seen or spoken to any native speakers since last week at work outside of my family. Once I return home I will check in.

I was told to expect to stay in the hospital at a minimum of 5 days.
Unread 03-17-2012, 11:45 AM

The anxiety in all of this is crazy. I am finding that humor and planning on things for recovery is the best thing to battle it so far...but I am still 23 days out. I have had lapro surgery before, but this just feels so much....bigger.

PrincessPR, you are going to have SUCH good care! The German hospitals take a LOT more care of patients! American hospitals are more often understaffed, esp. these days. With American insurance plans we are rushed out of the hospitals, often before we are physically ready. I am getting ready to have my surgery done at a base hospital and am more than a little anxious about it. I tried to get transferred out to a civilian hospital, but that didn't work even with my PCP reccommendation. Blah..Ah well.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register