Can't sleep!!! - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't sleep!!! Can't sleep!!!

Unread 03-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Re: Can't sleep!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramaqueens View Post
I'm glad that I am not alone I thought I was going crazy, my husband was beginning to think I was liking no sleep and little food. Fruit seems to make me feel less nausea I can eat it in smaller amounts several times a day better then heavy meals. I guess need to make appointment about sleep. Hope everyone else gets some soon. Sleepless in Biloxi!!! 2:00am here guess I can download some movies
Sorry you are still having nausea. After about a week I called my Dr. and he called in an anti nausea medicine and it worked wonders! It also got better when I went off pain meds. He also suggested Tylenol PM for sleep. I finally got to sleep around 3:30a.m. Except for getting up a couple of times to go to the bathroom, I slept pretty well. Maybe the tylenol PM did work. I hope you have a restful day and can get some much needed sleep tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2012, 03:02 PM

I have not been able to sleep at night either. Last night, I tossed and turned and did not go into a deep sleep until 5:00 AM. UGH!!!
Unread 03-21-2012, 04:43 PM

Last night was bad. I didn't end up going to sleep until 4:30ish. I then woke up at 8:00. I have been on Estrigel since Tuesday. I hope this gets figured out by the time I go back to work in a month. This is why I need 6 weeks off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2012, 05:15 PM

I am in the same club with all of you. Yesterday I called my doctor, and she said I could take tylenol PM. I went to bed at 9 because I was so tired, took 2, fell asleep like a champ, and then woke up at 10:30! Went back to sleep an slept on and off, kept alternating between hot flashes and freezing because I had no covers, covered up the clock so I couldnt see the time, and then got up at 4:30. I was soooo groggy all day. Took an hour and a half nap in my bed between 12:30 and 2. Not feeling bad tonight. So hopefully I can sleep! Last night was the first night I could sleep on my side and my belly didn't fight me, but my shoulder and collar bone area hurts. Its either that or I lay on my back and my lower back kills me. Going to go to bed when I am tired tonight. Going to take a hot shower and take two tylenol pm and pray for the best for me and all of you!!
Unread 03-21-2012, 05:22 PM

4 weeks out, back to work full time, coming home exhausted & still having sleepless nights! Trying motrin pm but so far very little luck.
Unread 03-22-2012, 12:32 AM

I am not on any hrt yet, so I started taking estroven and melatonin over 1 wk ago. I kinda think it is helping me I also went back to work this week so that is making me tired. This week for night sleep has been pretty good. I am sleeping 6 hrs each night, I still wake up from hot flashes but usually go back to sleep within 30 min. Except tonight my child is sick and running a fever so I am worried about him. He is 12 but I am thinking maybe the flu I am taking him to the dr tomorrow. If anybody is awake and wants to chat. ;-)
Kris
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:06 AM
Can't sleep!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakris View Post
I am not on any hrt yet, so I started taking estroven and melatonin over 1 wk ago. I kinda think it is helping me I also went back to work this week so that is making me tired. This week for night sleep has been pretty good. I am sleeping 6 hrs each night, I still wake up from hot flashes but usually go back to sleep within 30 min. Except tonight my child is sick and running a fever so I am worried about him. He is 12 but I am thinking maybe the flu I am taking hiR u at school nowm to the dr tomorrow. If anybody is awake and wants to chat. ;-)
Kris
I'm sorry your child is I'll. It's so hard to care for yourself & child too. I'm in AK, it's day #12 for me. At day 4 I asked dr for vivell-dot patch. She agreed w/me. I was having severe nausea, light night sweats & teary. I was still on a lot of pain pills at that point. Sleeping has always been a problem for me but pain meds are zonking me out. On monday I took 2 Aleve, slept 3hrs & up for 2, then slept til 8am. Not bad. Tues I started walking on treadmill 20 min in afternoon, at bedtime had some pain & took 1 Percocet at 10pm, bathroom at 4am & tossing & turning til 5am. Slept pretty good til 10am. I'm adding 5 min on treadmill daily and hope to start gentle lap swim on Monday. I use the belly band w/ice packs all day & night everyday. I think that has really helped a lot. I'm hoping the exercise helps w/sleep. Also, I use a magnesium powder called "Calm" mixed w/ warm water about an hr before bedtime. Works as long as I don't use too much (may cause some diarrhea). You can buy online or at most health food stores. Hope this helps someone get a good nights sleep.
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:45 AM

Ok ladies...it does get better! BUT I am almost 6 months from surgery and cannot sleep. I usually take melotonin super snooze! I don't want to have to take it every night ( causes me to have restless sleep) but I didn't take it last night and it is almost 5 am. I have to work at noon, but wanted to go in earlier. My bottle of super snooze says to take it for 2 months and then off of it a week. I read somewhere about eating something that makes you body produce melotonin...but am so sleep deprived that I can't remember what it was!!! I am also having to go in for a biopsy and am looking for a new job. It seems like any problems I have seem to keep me awake.
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:58 AM

I'm in the club again tonight too! This too shall pass....
Unread 03-22-2012, 03:43 AM

Hello fellow insomniacs! It is 2:40AM here, and I am wide awake watching a silly old movie. It sounds like most of you had your ovaries removed? I only had one taken, so it shouldn't be my hormones keeping me awake. I know part of my issue is that I can't sleep on my side (due to pain).

It is so frustrating that I am up at night and most of the day. Insomnia sucks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register