Over thinking everything! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Over thinking everything! Over thinking everything!

Unread 03-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Over thinking everything!

I have surgery scheduled on the 21st, I get to arrive at 5:30 am to 7:30 surgery. I have to ask for a private room and its up in the air if I get one. On top of this I am moving this weekend and aunt flo decided she had to get one last round in and total drain me of every ounce of energy I was hoping to have.

I have been reading and reading and while most of the post I have found have been encouraging there are some that scare the ever loving daylights out of me. Right now the plan in TVH leaving the ovaries if possible. I was hoping this will allow for a quicker recovery and a chance at a normality. BUT all of a sudden I am so emotional I cannot seem to keep myself from crying over every little thing, I cannot get to sleep at a decent time my mind just keeps going through all that needs to happen and what can happen.

I know I cannot be the only one but I feel very isolated right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Re: Over thinking everything!

Sounds like you have alot on your plate right now... try to give yourself permission to feel all of those emotions... what you are dealing with isnt easy.. I had to ask my DR for something to ease anxiety before my surgery and it helped alot... it also helped me sleep at night .. Dont be afraid to ask your DR for help. tell DR that ur not sleeping and feeling emotional... Sharing how you feel here is so helpful.. many are feeling the same feelings & emotions & reaching out to some of these ladies is so good for you... I had my hyste a few years ago.. and I still stay connected with many of the ladies I made friends with here... many I reconnected with on FB and to this day I find it amazing that once we were all on this side of Hystersister pre-op , scared out of our minds, and feeling alone... Please know that hystersisters is the best thing (gift) that you can give yourself right now and reach out , vent, share you will be sweetly surprised how it helps <3
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:22 AM

Take a deep breath, sweetie. What you are going through is completely normal and understandable. Regardless of what type of surgery you have, the fact of the matter is...it is MAJOR surgery!! Of course you are scared.

I remember reading posts and being terrified before my surgery, but try to remember, most of the posts in post-op are from our sisters who have having recovery issues. There are success stories though, you just don't hear about them because those sisters have moved on and are not in need of our support. Don't be discouraged.

You emotions will be out whack for awhile...this is a stressful time for you, so it is completely understandable that you are emotional. I was the same way. I would cry about anything and I couldn't sleep...when I DID sleep, I dreamed of my surgery... I just couldn't get it off my mind. Looking back though, I did finally reach a point where I knew it was out of my control. I had to keep my faith and go forward with my decision to better my health and my life. I finally felt a calm come over me and I was able to relax for a couple days before surgery.

I hope you can find some peace and get a chance to relax. Try to keep in mind that you will feel so much better when this is all said and done. Come here as often as you need and lean on us. We will be there with you every step of the way.

to you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2012, 11:24 AM

I'm with you! My tvh is tomorrow and these last couple weeks have been awful! I messed up at work, pretty badly, and i have all but chewed off my familys heads! I think they are looking forward to tomorrow if for no other reason than the doc is going to knock me out!!
Hang in there! Everyone says the waiting is the worst part, and crying means you are coping! Lots of hugs!!
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:27 AM

Totally normal to overthink everything! I was terrified pre-op. Read every possible scenario for complications etc and scared the daylights out of myself. Just do your best to focus on the immediate things in your life ie: moving and getting things in order for the big day. Maybe mark on your calendar that Aunt Flo visited, that way next month when your uterus is gone and yet you want to eat all the food in the house, your breasts are all achy and you feel the urge to slap someone you'll know why! Keeping the ovaries means you still have cycles, just no period... very interesting stuff. My dr recommended making a note and it did really help me understand that I wasn't having some weird complication after surgery, it was hormones. I am three weeks out today and so far having a textbook perfect recovery. Before surgery the most helpful forums were the hints and the pre-op forums, try to stay off the post op it'll just scare you for now! Good luck with everything, it'll be over before you know it!
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:33 AM

Hope all goes well for both of you ladies with your surgeries tomorrow! And that you have quick healing and recovery time, too. It will all be over with soon!
Unread 03-14-2012, 04:01 PM

Aww I totally relate. Making mistakes at work and can't seem to get up the energy to even get dressed some days. I, too, felt so stressed and upset that I posted here about feeling lonely and how nobody seemed to understand that I am truly in pain. Physical pain and emotional pain. One poster told me to Google 'spoon theory' and read it - it helped A LOT. Try it. It really puts life right now into perspective and allows you to forgive yourself even if others can't/won't. Peace.
Unread 03-14-2012, 04:29 PM

Piper,
I saw that and I read spoon theory. Very on the money! Thankfully my bosses totally understand and have faith that I'll get back to myself after surgery! I'm pretty sure my family will love me again too! Lol. Thanks for your support, I'll keep you in my thoughts! Hugs!
Unread 03-14-2012, 04:33 PM

Thanks for the positive encouragement. I know I will make it through this and be a much happier me once I have completed recovery but there are moments when all the stars line up just right and cause me to have a melt down.

Trying to stay positive, and I keep telling myself that I cannot control everything..lol
Unread 03-14-2012, 06:14 PM

I love the spoon theory - I have, besides my hyster related health issues, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, diabetes, and other health issues that decide my day, but don't show on the outside

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register