TERRIBLE timing grrrrarggghh - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TERRIBLE timing grrrrarggghh TERRIBLE timing grrrrarggghh

Unread 01-07-2002, 05:16 PM
bad timing

You are right.. it IS bad timing and I think you should go ahead and let the principal know that you want to resolve this as soon as possible. On the other hand, remember that teachers are not perfect.. they are human too and have one of the most stressful jobs in the universe. Imagine trying to take care of 30 kids and feeling ill as you have been. There is no telling what was going on in that teacher's life the day of the incident. I am speaking as a former teacher.... notice I said former... the anemia and other stuff took away my energy to the point I had to quit. There were too many days when I was feeling short tempered.. and no kids deserve that. Your daughter deserves every respect and consideration from her teacher and so do you... absolutely. But teachers make mistakes too and have bad days just like the rest of the population.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2002, 05:42 PM
TERRIBLE timing grrrrarggghh

Oh my gosh. I am so angry that I didn't even read anyone else's post. I had to get this off of my mind. They do not need to be messing with you right now. What is there to talk about that woman should never be allowed to be around children again. Who does she think she is? In a school and talking to a child like that. I am a parent of two children. One in glasses and the other with out. Yes my daughter wants glasses but that doesn't mean she would lie to get them. She knows it is important and I am sure all third graders know that. She is also in third grade. As for comforting your daughter. Let her know I have a 6 year old who was so uncomfortable when he first got his glasses in Pre-k that I had to drag him into school. Wouldn't you know the prettiest girl in class liked him in glasses and you can't get them off of him now in 1st grade. No one makes fun of him. They don't even mention it except to maybe laugh when he losses them once again on the pe field. which he laughs too. Kids aren't like they used to be when it comes to glasses. Most kids these days think it is cool to look smart and all the third gradders I know think glasses and braces too make you look smart. Give her lots of s from me and my kids. I feel for her but I know it won't be half as bad as she thinks and that bad lady will get her due as soon as you are able to get into lioness mode. Sassy
Unread 01-07-2002, 06:04 PM

Wow! I just went and read your original post. Poor kid! I'll bet she'd have liked to kick "the mean lady" in the shins.

All through my childhood I had to deal with a "mean lady" dental hygenist, who berated me at every cleaning, just because I'm "cavity prone". I bushed religiously as a kid, but it didn't help. (My dentist now tells me I have teeth like chalk (soft) and that it's just heredity.) People like that have no business working with kids.

Tell you what... You take a few deep breaths, relax, and don't think another thing about this any more for a few weeks. The rest of us will stay right here, with steam coming out our ears, and hurl evil thoughts at "the mean lady" for you.

I've worked at a school all of 4 months now, and I'm quitting. I can't handle the stupidity I see there (on the part of the adults). People who should've been fired long ago are happily screwing up their work and backstabbing everyone else in the process. I've never seen such a mess.

Nothing seems to make any difference except outraged parents. If you are a member of the PTA or something, maybe you could push to get this vision testing person fired. Yeah, we all have bad days, but what she did was truly calous and unprofessional - she should not be working with children.

Good luck, and I hope your daughter loves her new, clear vision.

(Maybe point out to your daughter that many people like glasses - they even sell them as fashion accessories. Only nasty "mean ladies" have a problem with them, and who cares what people like that think of us, right?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2002, 06:41 PM

{{{Charity}}} Want you to know my thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow. Please let us know when you get home.

The "mean lady" was wrong...bottom line!!!! The school needs to take action on their end and a formal apology to you AND your daughter made in writing. I've seen some ridiculous things done at schools...OH MY...don't get me started

We're here for you...and will be thinking of you tomorrow.
Unread 01-07-2002, 08:40 PM

Charity,

I just want to add my voice to everyone elses......we're with you and I hope it all gets settled satisfactorily for you and your daughter. Your daughter sounds like a wonderful little girl!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow for your surgery....can't wait till you are home and resting and can come and chat with us again! We'll have your crown ready!

s
Karyn

(l00akrbear)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register