Surgery Rescheduling Games, Oh My.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Rescheduling Games, Oh My.... Surgery Rescheduling Games, Oh My....

Unread 03-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Surgery Rescheduling Games, Oh My....

Sorry ladies but I need to vent a bit.

Had surgery tentatively scheduled for 04.05. They finally called me back last week to say they couldn't do it because of some hospital issue (no OR's available). So they were going to rescheduled for 04.16.

So I immediately went out and got all my ducks in a row, so to speak. Had someone coming to help out for 2 weeks in April to help out (I live alone), had informed work, filled out necessary leave paperwork, started parsing my workload out to my peers, etc. etc. etc.

Today I get another call and now they cannot do mid-April, now they want to do first week in May. But I cannot do it then, because my best friend (who will play the role of Nurse during my recovery) will be out of the country on business for the better part of that month. She is available again in June, but that month my work peers are schedule for vacations. My work department is very small so we really cannot have more than one person gone at a time. So, to make a long story even longer I am now looking at July.

Anyone going this? Am I over-reacting? Should I just go find another doctor? (BTW, my surgery, while necessary is not life threatening or anything, so medically there is no issue with waiting). I should add that I really like my doctor and I think this whole issue is a reflection of the hospital staff and not her practice.

Aaargghhhh......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Re: Surgery Rescheduling Games, Oh My....

I had a similar situation, so asked to be put on a cancellation waitlist. Thought I was going to have to wait till June...but they found a spot for me end of Feb. I learned in the process that not only is it the OR, but for Laprascopy the hospital requires a back-up laprascopy doctor in their also. So you have them having having to work with all of these schedules. Try and roll with it...I know you re frustrated...but liking your Doctor trumps the wait! I would have waited to keep my doctor, she was Great!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register