Sensitive question. LOL! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sensitive question. LOL! Sensitive question. LOL!

Unread 03-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Re: Sensitive question. LOL!

I am so happy to be reading this... I have wanted to and have had the desire to have the O but was afraid I would damage my cuff or pull my internal stitches. I had a total da vinci on 3/12 my 2 week follow up is 3/27 and plan to ask dr if outer course is ok at that point boy do I hope I get the go ahead.lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2012, 11:19 AM

LOL!!! Fingers crossed you get one... or many. Smile!! Its happened a couple times at this point. I'm 3 weeks post op and feeling great..... except dying to be given the clearance to uh... engage in some fun activities with my husband. He's being really really good (while counting days).... but 'm getting really antsy. 3 more weeks. Argh. Hope your day is going well!!!
Unread 03-20-2012, 11:27 AM

I've had two now as well, lol! Both woke me up from sleeping. Glad I'm not alone either. Only thing that bothers me is that it felt different than before surgery... Not quite as good but for now I'm going to write it off since it was spontaneous.

I love this forum, my non hyster friends just don't get it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2012, 11:32 AM

I totally get it. My first was (I can't even believe I'm talking about this... LOL) was not quite as intense as pre surgery. (I'm guessing even though it was spontaneous..... but body was aware that I was barely 2 weeks from surgery and thus was trying to take care of my insides. (Maybe?) The next couple were more like "normal". Do you know how it felt different? Also, did you have a full or a partial hyst? I had a partial. Happy Tuesday y'all!!
Unread 03-20-2012, 12:04 PM

I agree it wasn't anywhere near as intense. Glad to hear they get more normal... I hope mine get better too! Sorry if TMI, but presurgery it was more of a whole body experience... Not sure how to describe it.. Just more dimension to it. Spontaneous ones were not too exciting.... But better than nothing I suppose!

I had total hysterectomy, both ovaries and cervix taken out. Started Premarin (I'm 38) over the weekend so maybe some hormones will give it more kick too.
Unread 03-20-2012, 02:11 PM

Hahahaha, the same thing happened to me! I posted about it yesterday on the recovery thread. I actually had a tiny one the second night after my surgery (in my sleep of course) and then night before last I had another! I've had orgasms in my sleep now and then for several years. I certainly never expected it to happen right after surgery!
Unread 03-20-2012, 02:21 PM

Me neither, but it definitely was a nice "side effect" of surgery.lol!!! I too have had them before, but definitely didn't think it was going to happen so soon after my partial hyst. Today I'm 3 weeks post op and honestly feel back to normal. So now I just continue to relax, rest and hopefully enjoy some more surprises in my sleep while waiting for the 6 week " go ahead" from my Dr. Lol!!!
Unread 03-20-2012, 04:32 PM

totally jealous, I'd take that over what I've gotten which is just pain, LOL
Unread 03-20-2012, 04:37 PM

Ergilley, Hope the pain goes away REALLY REALLY quickly and that you start to feel better asap! Then hopefully you can get to the good stuff..... Smile! Sending you healing hugs and happiness!!
Unread 03-20-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergilley View Post
totally jealous, I'd take that over what I've gotten which is just pain, LOL
Don't feel bad... I've had three and I'm still in pain!
Hoping we all start to feel good soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register