TVH Post op-spotting due to lifting weight-WARNING | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op-spotting due to lifting weight-WARNING Post op-spotting due to lifting weight-WARNING

Unread 03-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Post op-spotting due to lifting weight-WARNING

Wow, just found an old thread on this issue, this just happened to me this past week. I was 18 days post-op, total hysterectomy when I decided to go grocery shopping with husband. He carried everything to check-out. However, I grabbed the smallest bag to take to car-2 dozen eggs, and a carton of cottage cheese. I was in severe pain, especially when I raised my left knee-leg, for two days. After those two days of resting and using hot-pad, I spotted for about 30 hours, lightly, but it frightened me enough not to do lift much for the next couple months. The exact pain in my left side and groin felt like a burning hot poker stabbing into my flesh and other tissues; it brought tears to my eyes without me having the emotion to cry. Lesson learned! BTW: I had not had any spotting since the second or third day post-op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2012, 01:18 AM
Re: Post op-spotting due to lifting weight-WARNING

I did the same exact thing today! I ventured out 9 days post op and just walked around Walmart and I carried my big ole purse. Well I'm now having spotting. Lesson learned. I made peace with this semi bedrest and am now taking it serious. My prob is that I have a full house. I'm 36 with four kids. One is just 18 mo. So my other kids ages 8,9,15 and daddy are really trying but I'm such a control cleaning freak. I tend to micro manage it all fr the couch then I flip out and get up and try to cook or wipe the counters. Yup it didn't work cause now I'm sore and spotting. So I learned a lesson the hard way
Unread 03-22-2012, 01:05 AM

30 days post-op. Feeling 50% back to normal, being more aware of what I'm lifting and how much. Since I'm a full-time student, leaving heavy books at home, and opting to carry totebag close to body with two arms, instead of letting it hang out on arm. No more spotting so far, which is scary when you see it happen suddenly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2012, 04:32 AM

Hi Coco, Umm are we related LOL

I saw the micromanage from the couch comment and I couldn't help but laugh. I've been a big couch jerk the last couple weeks (I'm now on week 5) I'm getting extremely impatient with resting!!! I'm 32 with 4 kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco462 View Post
I did the same exact thing today! I ventured out 9 days post op and just walked around Walmart and I carried my big ole purse. Well I'm now having spotting. Lesson learned. I made peace with this semi bedrest and am now taking it serious. My prob is that I have a full house. I'm 36 with four kids. One is just 18 mo. So my other kids ages 8,9,15 and daddy are really trying but I'm such a control cleaning freak. I tend to micro manage it all fr the couch then I flip out and get up and try to cook or wipe the counters. Yup it didn't work cause now I'm sore and spotting. So I learned a lesson the hard way
Unread 03-22-2012, 04:35 AM

I've had that pain a few times and always from doing something I shouldn't have. I'm now 5 weeks post op and still get it on occasion. Always a reminder not to go too fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntvwoman View Post
Wow, just found an old thread on this issue, this just happened to me this past week. I was 18 days post-op, total hysterectomy when I decided to go grocery shopping with husband. He carried everything to check-out. However, I grabbed the smallest bag to take to car-2 dozen eggs, and a carton of cottage cheese. I was in severe pain, especially when I raised my left knee-leg, for two days. After those two days of resting and using hot-pad, I spotted for about 30 hours, lightly, but it frightened me enough not to do lift much for the next couple months. The exact pain in my left side and groin felt like a burning hot poker stabbing into my flesh and other tissues; it brought tears to my eyes without me having the emotion to cry. Lesson learned! BTW: I had not had any spotting since the second or third day post-op.
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:27 AM

Take it easy ladies. The last thing you want is repair surgery. I know it's hard. We girls don't sit still well. But, the longer you take it easy, the better and faster you body will heal.
Unread 04-14-2012, 03:14 PM

7 1/2 weeks post-op and 90% back to normal and better than before. I still avoid heavy and prolonged lifting. Sitting when I've been on feet too long, but able to do most light housework, excluding vacuuming. I'm doing well on HRT. NO, more tearing of stitches, and got Doctors clearance this week to resume most normal activities The best advice I read on here was to not lift anything over the size of a 5 lb sugar bag. Honestly, for the first 2-3 weeks it was painful to lift anything larger than my mug of hot tea.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register