Scheduled dVH/RALH Questions for sisters who had adenomyosis - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questions for sisters who had adenomyosis Questions for sisters who had adenomyosis

Unread 03-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Re: Questions for sisters who had adenomyosis

I have also looked at pics pre hyster and am amazed at the difference in how I look now. I honestly look 15 years younger ( I'm 46 ) and I dealt with a chronic pain issue on top of the menstrual crud - the chronic thing is still with me but controlled as much as it can be. My PCP was bowled over by how different I am since the hyster. I'm bright, light and almost 35lbs lighter. Glorious....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Re: Questions for sisters who had adenomyosis

I was diagnosed with likely adenomyosis when I was 38 (I had my last child of 3 at age 31). Since then (5 years- I'm 43 now) my symptoms have progressively gotten worse- bleeding of some sort for 3 weeks every month, bad cramping, pain with BM's at certain times of the month, belly getting bigger and bigger... I was scheduled for a hysto 3 years ago (when the doc said at that point my uterus was the size of a 10 week pregnancy) and backed out because I wasn't ready. My plan was to make it to menopause because then adeno becomes a non issue.

I went in for my regular yearly check up at the end of last month and the doc told me my uterus was now the size of a 14 week pregnancy and if I let it go much longer he wouldn't be able to remove it vaginally. That, coupled with several months lately of not only lots of bleeding, but also clotting, and generally just feeling uncomfortable, sent me for the LAVH. I had it on March 8th and I am SOOOO GLAD.

I saw the pathology report yesterday and not only was my uterus twice the normal size, but I also had endometriosis on my fallopian tubes (which he removed)- I didn't know about that. He also said I had adhesions from my uterus to my bowel and that my bladder was stuck to my huge uterus, so he obviously fixed that. So many things stuck to so many other things because of my big uterus! No wonder I was uncomfortable.

Not everyone feels much better right off, and some women feel worse, but I felt great almost from the moment I woke up. Instead of my big belly, I had a flatter belly already and I actually feel like I have space down there now. No fullness or anything. And I am so darn excited about not having those never-ending periods that I can't tell you. I am sure i was anemic most of the time (I still am), so I am thinking my energy levels will increase too.

That's my answer. But your answer might be different. Hope it helped and you come to a peaceful decision and have a great journey to better health!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register