Scheduled dVH/RALH Counting down the days until the 21st - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Counting down the days until the 21st Counting down the days until the 21st

Unread 03-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Re: Counting down the days until the 21st

(((leggs1980)))

I don't mean to be a downer, but I would rather ask now before you head into OR than have you post later that no one ever told you as others have done. Are you aware that a hysterectomy is not a cure for endometriosis? If your surgeon is unable to skillfully recognize and excise all of the existing implants, and most cannot, and any endometriosis is left behind, it can continue to cause pain and symptoms. Yep, been there, done that myself.

If you would like to learn more, you are more than welcome to pop over to our Endometriosis Support forum where you will find both pre and post hysterectomized women who are dealing with this condition.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2012, 09:23 PM

Hi! I am also scheduled for March 21. Good luck ladies and hope each of you have a good recovery.

I am having a TVH with possible BSO.
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:59 PM

On the 22nd I will be saying goodbye to my uterus and ovaries. We are all on the final countdown. I sure hope the healing days go as fast as it has to get to the surgery. Oh...it is hard not too think about it isn't? I think I will be spending more time on this website over the next few days. Thanks for being there for me and I hope knowing that I praying for all of you too. Can't wait to share info on the post op side of things and how well we are mending.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2012, 04:00 PM

I am having my uterus and ovaries removed. The Dr. said that was not a radical hysterectomy but it sounds radical to me. It means a lot not being alone in this. All the emotions I am having you are sharing too. Bless you all.
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:08 PM

im keeping my ovaries, but still scary. we are here for each other, we are family! big hugs
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:42 PM

Hi gals had DvH 5 days ago. Wanted to let you know I was worried about everything like you and the waiting was the worst part for sure. One big surprise? Even tho they removed entire uterus vaginally there is absolutely no pain there at all. If I didn't know they were in that area I would not know it! Dr said the stitch for vag cuff is very small.don't know why I had visions of this cuff being huge! But tiny is much better thank you! Hardly even spotting really amazing. The left side of tummy is very sore...can't sleep on side yet that stinks. They put the port with all the intruments on left side...the nurses didn't know that surprisingly. Stopped motrin day 2 post op and pain gets worse end of day but I am better off without meds. Getting my tummy stitches out tomorrow...just one stitch per incision 5 total. First couple days are uncomfortable but go by quick. I freaked out the morning of surgery crying my eyes out, usually very calm person! Just wanted to share so you might feel alittle better about everything. Like I told my kids...we have more of a chance getting in car accident than having a bad complication in surgery! Good luck girls we are all here when you need us!
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:59 PM

that helps me a lot. ive had minor surgeries in the past and got nervous with each one, but those were minor. im already really nervous and am just scheduling it tomorrow. i have a feeling im going to totally freak out the day of surgery. im actually hoping to get a abdominal for it. i know more pain and longer recovery but of all the reading ive done, it seems to be the most common and with less chance of complications.
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:08 PM

Hope your DaVinci goes really well and you have a quick recovery! It's a great surgery and the recovery does seem to be a lot quicker than other procedures. I was able to go out and do things by the 2nd week. I'm a little over 4 weks post-op now and feel better good (if I wasn't starting chemo today!
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:48 PM

me too march 21.
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:16 PM

my surgery was just scheduled, its an abdominal total hysterectomy, everything getting taken except tubes and ovaries, tubes are being tyed, April 10th. Now that it's official, im getting really nervous. any tips?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register