Chills, hot flashes and dull lower bac pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chills, hot flashes and dull lower bac pain Chills, hot flashes and dull lower bac pain

Unread 03-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Chills, hot flashes and dull lower bac pain

Had my surgery March 5, kept ovaries. Today and a few days ago, I experienced flu like symptoms. Achy, chills, and then the chills go away after I take 600mg ibuprofen. Then I can get warm. Ive had dulling lower back pain which I think is partially due to abnormal bowel movements and gas. Is this normal? It seemed to happen after I pushed my self and did a little too much. I read something about sleeping ovaries need to wake up. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Re: Chills, hot flashes and dull lower bac pain

Yup. Normal and ongoing. The chills have seemed to pass for me on the last few days but the hot flashes are still with me. And the lower back pain certainly gets worse with the swelly belly. I have had a few days already where it isn't too bad, but just when I start to hope I have turned a corner it starts all over again. I had been back in my jeans for the last week and today there was no way that was happening. Back to my sweats it is. If anything, this must be trying to teach me patience and compassion for myself.
Unread 03-18-2012, 06:17 AM

Amen on the patience. Not used to the chills part as I am usually a warm person. Gonna start keeping socks by the bed. also goon keep up the ibuprofen as that seems to help. Good luck. When was yours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2012, 06:35 AM

Feb 22, I also kept my ovaries. The difference between weeks one and three is significant, don't get me wrong. I go back to work on the 26th and I know it will be okay with elastic waists and dresses. I have an excuse to invest in a fun spring wardrobe and thank goodness leggings are in fashion. If only I could get some of the cute wedges to go with! Everything I read says heels are not a good idea because of the strain on the abdomen. I actually made it around both levels of the mall yesterday and didn't want to cry or require a nap when we got home. I couldn't have said that ten days ago and couldn't have even imagined it possible then either. I'm also down to OTC Advil instead of the prescribed ones most days. Its not hopeless, just up and down.
Unread 03-18-2012, 06:59 AM

Vicadin was contributing to mt constipation so I gave that up the day after I got home. Taking 600mg of ibuprofin 3 x a day does the trick as long as I don't forget.

I don't work outside the home, I am a CNA for my son who has Autism so I haven't been fashionable for quite awhile. My son can take a lot out of me though so i am trying to be careful. I do need to get exercising and lose some weight but I am slated for umbilical hernia surgery this summer. They were going to do it all together but changed their minds, thank goodness.

Woke up with chills, now hot.....ugh. LOL

I just want things to go back to normal, minus the ungodly amount of bleeding I had before the surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register