Scheduled TAH Belly size after hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Belly size after hysterectomy Belly size after hysterectomy

Unread 03-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Re: Belly size after hysterectomy

I'm 9 days post op and have worn a belly binder since day 1 post op.

My uterus was your size and when I got home I got on the scale, I'm 10lbs down since before surgery.

As for swelling I really can't tell. The bottom part of my abdomen seems swollen but my upper abdomen isn't...just jiggly. My GYN said to wear the binder for a few wks. It's like a crutch..makes things feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2012, 11:57 AM

Had TAH 3 days ago and there is definitely swelling. But it is just annoying and doesn't really hurt at all. Small price to pay, all things considered. Might get a belly band in the next fews days for added support, but yeah...it's swollen and tender. Even my lower back is swollen, but as others have pointed out, a lot of rearranging goes on inside, so expect to be swollen and buy cozy PJs for the first week or two. If you are having TAH, get undies the are large enough to pull up and over the incision. Way more comfortable.
Unread 03-25-2012, 12:13 PM

5 weeks ago I had my uterus removed with a melon sized fibroid. As I am a petite 5ft gal, prior to surgery I looked 6 months pregnant and spent lots of time sewing back my buttons into my jeans!!

Today, whilst I do still have some swelling in my belly over the incision site, which is worse by the end of the day, my tummy generally is far far flatter than pre surgery. When eventually the swelling does go away I will have a flat tummy

Weight wise, I have noticed that I am around 4 lb lighter since my surgery but it is very easy to get in to bad eating habits during recovery, especially during the first couple of weeks when you can't do much except sit around and munch the goodies that friends bring you

Kallinda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register