LSH Bleeding! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Bleeding!

Hi~
This morning after urinating I discovered that the toilet bowl was full of bright red blood and when I wiped I saw a huge clot...sorry if tmi!
I'm a nervous wreck...Dr said to worry if I start bleeding like a period or if I pass another clot.
Of course I keep checking my pad and seeing more blood....I don't want to call for every little thing so I was wondering if anyone has any advice!
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Re: Bleeding!

Hi Laura,
I had a lot of bleeding about 10 days post op - huge clots too. I freaked and went back to the hospital. They examined me and said that it was ok - basically sometimes they don't get everything during the operation, or there can be bleeding when the internal stitches are coming out. The doctor told me to come back if I had a fever, as this could indicate an infection, or if the bleeding continued to be heavy - in fact it stopped later that day. I guess I would give you the same advice!
All the best,
Christina
Unread 03-18-2012, 11:22 AM

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2012, 11:49 AM

I had a huge clot and a large gush of blood about 2 weeks post op (of course I was at a restaurant and people saw it!). I called and doctor told me that it is "normal". I can't believe that they didn't give me a warning or something that it could happen. I thought I needed to go to the ER!

Rest and feel better.
Unread 03-18-2012, 12:13 PM

I agree! You'd think we'd be warned that something like this could happen!!
It happened again...I so freaked out but I decided not to call the Dr again and just wait and see what else happens.
So far, nothing. Except for the fact that I feel nauseous and totally wiped out, I think caused from my nerves
Thank you ladies!!
I think I'd really be a basket case without my "sisters"!
Unread 03-18-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpackerfan View Post
I had a huge clot and a large gush of blood about 2 weeks post op (of course I was at a restaurant and people saw it!). I called and doctor told me that it is "normal". I can't believe that they didn't give me a warning or something that it could happen. I thought I needed to go to the ER!

Rest and feel better.
OMG! You've scared me I'm at day 18, posted yesterday here about a little bit of bleeding, just a spot. And, I'm seeing a bit of that discharge tinged red again today. Definitely not enough to be alarmed, but... NO ONE told me that I might end up bleeding, most certainly not the way you describe it! And we've had the same surgery? I had da Vinci, uterus, ovaries and cervix gone, with cuff. So, what happened to you is "normal"?!
Unread 03-18-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2fly View Post
OMG! You've scared me I'm at day 18, posted yesterday here about a little bit of bleeding, just a spot. And, I'm seeing a bit of that discharge tinged red again today. Definitely not enough to be alarmed, but... NO ONE told me that I might end up bleeding, most certainly not the way you describe it! And we've had the same surgery? I had da Vinci, uterus, ovaries and cervix gone, with cuff. So, what happened to you is "normal"?!
Don't be scared. The doctor told me that I could have spotting for up to 6 weeks as things heal inside. She only said to call if I filled a pad an hour - which is a lot to me! Since she took my cervix and all I have is a vaginal cuff I have no clue where all the blood even was at or where it came from. I guess I pictured it all sewn up inside and nothing could really get "out" of there.

When I called, the doctor said it was most likely that I was swollen, had the blood clot, and all the blood was behind that, the swelling came down and out it came. I didn't bleed at all after my surgery. Then it just all let go at once, and since that happened I have only had some spotting. I did call my doctor just to be sure, and it really freaked me out.

There have been a few other hystersisters who have had this happen, that is the only reason I didn't run to the ER. I made my husband bring me home from the restaurant, I cleaned myself up, then called the doctor. The doctor didn't even have me come in to see her since the bleeding stopped.
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:16 AM

Thank you! I woke up this morning 2 1/2 weeks postop, to find bright red blood when I went to the restroom. I was worried to say the least, and of course my Doctor said nothing about this happening at all!! Your posts were so reassuring!
Unread 03-19-2012, 10:06 AM

I had one big gush of heavy-ish bleeding on postop day 20. I freaked out too, it was surprising and not at all painful. It was followed by a week of spotting that only happened at night.

I found this website: http://www.wdxcyber.com/nbleed13.htm (this page is what i wish the hospital had sent me home with as a care sheet)

It not only eased my mind but also, I realized that after that gush of blood I no longer had bladder pressure. I'm assuming it was a pocket that needed to be released. Much of my bladder issues have been resolved since actually. I'm at week 4.5 and haven't had any further spotting... so far

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register