less then 24 hours now,,,yikes! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

less then 24 hours now,,,yikes! less then 24 hours now,,,yikes!

Unread 03-18-2012, 10:45 AM
less then 24 hours now,,,yikes!

well im on the countdown as they say,lol.

im 2nd up in the morning, monday the 19th. and i have to be at the hospital to check in at 5am.
i have no idea what time i will be going into surgery as im 2nd but not sure?? anyone know by chance??

my mom and sister took my son and niece out for the day so i can rest and relax before tom.
but im sooo scared,nervous,anxious and well every emotion a person can have i have it all at once now.
im freaking out and trying really hard not to, i have gotten cups out and we have paper plates n bowls to use when i come home ( so my lil one doesnt have to worry about dishes )
and i have diff. foods in zip lock baggies in the freezer and the fridge is set and done and pantry

i THINK im set? not sure,lol my bag is packed along w/ laptop bag w/ magazines and movies, and my mom will have the house set up just right for me when i come home along with fresh sheets and stuff. omg please i know im rambling but am i forgetting anything,??? i feel i am but heck who knows at this point,he he he.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Re: less then 24 hours now,,,yikes!

remember to relax! I had my last thursday, and the day before and the morning of, I was just the same! At least yours is early in the morning, mine was an add-on at 1:45, and if anyone else ran late(the 3 others before me), that would push me back as well. Read thru the suggestions provided by everyone here-lots of great info! I took all kinds of stuff to the hospital, my favorites were my own nightgown, a fluffy blanket from my daughter, and a big stuffed teddy bear-cuddled against my tummy in bed, then as a guard against the seatbelt on the way home! Luckily I was only there overnight, so if you are in longer, consider other things like your own toiletries, ect. My smart phone was a lifesaver, downloaded lots of simple games that didnt require much thought. Hang in there, sister! You will do great and I will look for your post-op report!
Unread 03-18-2012, 12:00 PM

Mines tomorrow also so I know exactly how you feel. My bowel prep starts in 3 hours so Im going to head out and run errands. My question right now is do I need to save my vagina for a vaginal hysterectomy. My hubby brought it up this morning and I have no idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2012, 12:29 PM

oh i have no clue but i have packed my own toiletries and stuff like that and also some fluffy non skid socks that my lil one picked out for me, im downloading games and stuff on my laptop now so that will be fine and yes my smart phone is going to be awsome to have
Unread 03-18-2012, 01:34 PM

am starting to freak out, too... but i have until wednesday to wait.. lol.. am totally paranoid i am going to get sick before surgery! I am too lazy to read through all the "stuff to bring" so I plan to keep it simple: lip balm, laptop, phone/charger, change of clothes, toothpaste/brush, hairbrush, body pillow. the hospital has no skid socks and gowns, etc. they have pillows, too, but not body pillows.
Unread 03-18-2012, 01:46 PM

i have a lil bag with sample sizes of toothpaste,deodorant,shamp/cond.,soap,hand lotion, stuff like that and then chap stick the basics i guess.lol.

then i am also getting my laptop bag filled with laptop with lots of games downloaded, movies to watch, and i have a few magizines and a deck of cards

i am bringing a gawn and some socks but no robe don't think ill need it,lol.
and then an outfit (sundress) to wear home with an extra pair of socks.
so if that gives ya any help on what you could bring, the dr. said ill be there from 2-3 days. so ill also have my mom bringing my lil one to visit alot so that will be the best medicine for me
Unread 03-18-2012, 02:01 PM

Ladies, it was a week ago today that I was having my (my husband's term) "Poopapalooza". Bowel prep is no fun at all. But my emotions were all over the board, too. It's tough to remain calm, but do try to. It's going to be ok, and there will come a time that all this will be a memory. I just focused on my first evening back home, laying in bed, snoozing during a t.v. show or something... and I kept visualizing that. It helped a bit.
Crazyinlife, it sounds like you have some good support with your mom there for you. I think if there's anything you may have forgotten to take with you, either the hospital will have it, or your mom will think of it. And when you get home, things will all fall into place just fine. Don't sweat the small stuff, just worry about taking care of yourself. Relax and be kind to you. Let us know how your are when you get back from the castle!
Unread 03-18-2012, 03:27 PM

I'm feeling the same way!

It's 7.30am in Australia, and I'm due at the hospital at 12.45pm, so it will be a late one.

My husband asked if I'm sure I'm not pregnant... nesting.. nesting... the house has never ever looked so clean and tidy.

I put my back out 2 weeks ago which has taken about 10 days to get moveable and almost back to normal, so I've been a little worried that I'd be having my hysto with my back out... laying for a while's not going to be great anyway.

I've had 2 c-sections, so I'm guessing it will be similar, just a lot more internal soreness?

I don't have to have a bowel prep. I was told to have a light breakfast before 7.30am, and then nothing but clear fluids until 11am, then nil until surgery.

I'm having a lap hysto, leaving the ovaries, getting adhesions cut between my bowel and uterus, and a sling for my stress urinary incontinence.

Good luck ladies!!! In a week we'll be on the other side and feeling better xx
Unread 03-18-2012, 03:38 PM

Hi to all those who are pending surgery:

I had my daVinci hysterectomy on 3/14/12 and was released the next day. I am very sore but have been virtually without pain. I am taking 600 mg of motrin but no pain meds because I am afraid they may cause vomiting. The gas has been hard to get rid of but I am walking around quite a bit and drinking alot of water. Good luck!
Unread 03-18-2012, 04:39 PM

Crazyinlife,
My DvH was last Wednesday , I checked in @ 5:30 for a 7:30 procedure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register