Small talk..just a question for us sisters - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Small talk..just a question for us sisters Small talk..just a question for us sisters

Unread 03-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Re: Small talk..just a question for us sisters

Your thought on how many drs or wives have this surgery is a great question.
I still wonder if I "really" needed the surgery or if they are just so quick to suggest you have one. Everyone says, you will feel so much better. I really never felt bad to begin with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Mills View Post
Your thought on how many drs or wives have this surgery is a great question.
I still wonder if I "really" needed the surgery or if they are just so quick to suggest you have one. Everyone says, you will feel so much better. I really never felt bad to begin with.
One of the doctors who assisted during my surgery told me in the OR right before they knocked me out that his wife had the surgery and was so glad she did. This guy has been an OB/GYN for 30+ years. That was reassuring. My pre-op nurse also told me all about hers.
Unread 03-26-2012, 02:28 PM

My Dr. had a hysterectomy. Kinda made me feel better knowing she'd also gone through it and new what it was like 1st. hand.
From the time I got home I felt 100% better than before, as in way more energy now that my body had blood in it. Not an ounce of regret here.
Guess it all depends on your quality of life prior to having the hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2012, 03:49 AM

I'm from Australia and I don't think it's as common over here.
I love this site, even tho I'm not good at finding my way around.

I wish there was a site for the husbands so that they could understand whet we are going through.
My husband thinks that I am well & can't stand me being home from work, and the fact that I am not doing work at home.
Unread 03-28-2012, 04:30 AM
Small talk..just a question for us sisters

I
  Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywaldorf View Post
I'm from Australia and I don't think it's as common over here.
I love this site, even tho I'm not good at finding my way around.

I wish there was a site for the husbands so that they could understand whet we are going through.
My husband thinks that I am well & can't stand me being home from work, and the fact that I am not doing work at home.
There is a site. misterhystersisters.com
It explains a lot. My hubby read around there and it has some useful info. He was already up for pampering me insanely for 6weeks, but he still finds it reinforces the need for me to rest and listen to my body. Still won't let me do any dishes, though.
I am spoiled
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:11 AM

Oh wow. Thanks for that.
I'll head straight there.
Cheers.
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Oh wow. Thanks for that.
I'll head straight there.
Cheers.
My brother lives in Australia, so reading your post made me miss him a little bit more. Not that I need him poking me in the ribs or making me giggle right now.
Your " cheers" at the end made me smile.
My hubby wants to give a tongue lashing to other men when he hears that they are impatient or not helpful to the women in their lives. He put it this way to me." I can't imagine life without you. I realized this as I was waiting four hours for you to get out of surgery, and for the doctor to come out and tell me you were ok. That four hours felt like a lifetime to me. There are so many things I want to see and do with you by my side. So it's the least I can do to make sure you have the very best pampering until you are completely healed."
He wrote that in a card he gave me.
Unread 03-28-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjdv View Post
It had just dawned on me. Every evening since my surgery, I've shared my quality time with all of you. Listening and sharing the same things we all have in common. My question to you all is,
"has anyone realized how many of us just here in the U.S. had and will have a hysterectomy?" It is unbelievable . How is it possible that so many of us women have to go thru this? Just a thought.
We go thru it because it's not a male issue. I've always said if this were a male issue it would be totally different. For instance, they would never tell a man, "well,you're not going to have anymore children so you ought a just get rid of your __________. (fill in the blank)
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkink View Post
My brother lives in Australia, so reading your post made me miss him a little bit more. Not that I need him poking me in the ribs or making me giggle right now.
Your " cheers" at the end made me smile.
My hubby wants to give a tongue lashing to other men when he hears that they are impatient or not helpful to the women in their lives. He put it this way to me." I can't imagine life without you. I realized this as I was waiting four hours for you to get out of surgery, and for the doctor to come out and tell me you were ok. That four hours felt like a lifetime to me. There are so many things I want to see and do with you by my side. So it's the least I can do to make sure you have the very best pampering until you are completely healed."
He wrote that in a card he gave me.
OMG, your hubby is so sweet.
Mine wasn't even in town the day I had surgery.
I didn't see him til the following night.
He was around for my second surgery the next day, but he hasn't been very useful at all.
I got dumped at home on my first day out of hospital, all alone, with no food or Panadols in the house.
He wonders why I am not happy with him.
grrrrr....
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
OMG, your hubby is so sweet.
Mine wasn't even in town the day I had surgery.
I didn't see him til the following night.
He was around for my second surgery the next day, but he hasn't been very useful at all.
I got dumped at home on my first day out of hospital, all alone, with no food or Panadols in the house.
He wonders why I am not happy with him.
grrrrr....
I am so sorry! Is there anyone who can check on you or give you a hand?
Hopefully he has a change of heart and realizes how awful this is for you. Keep venting and take some frustration out here. There are a lot of sisters here to listen, my Aussie friend.
Sending a *slap* and a prayer to snap him out of his funk.((( hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register