Anyone on Weight Watchers? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone on Weight Watchers? Anyone on Weight Watchers?

Unread 03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Anyone on Weight Watchers?

This may sound totally petty, but I have lost 49 pounds and am in the 6 week maintenance phase of the program. My TAH is scheduled for next Friday (30th) and the end of my 6 weeks is on April 13th. On that date, I need to be within 2 pounds of my goal weight. I'm so worried that I will be bloated and swollen and not make my Lifetime....

Anyone have experience with WW and a hysterectomy?

TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Re: Anyone on Weight Watchers?

I have been doing ww for over a year but not doing meetings. Still have my 15 lbs off from beginning, but in a holding pattern. I am pretty sure they will suspend your membership while you heal. The good news for me is I have absolutely no appetite whatsoever...so I find myself trying to eat enough at mealtimes so I have enough to burn keeping my ww in mind. Fantastic for you to become a lifetime member! Don't get hung up on the scale during healing you retain so much water weight. Do you have a ww scale? The kind that shows the percentages? That might make you feel better. A bit pricey but you really know if your weight is out of whack due to water retention. Good luck! OX
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:16 PM

I've been a weight watchers member for a long time but have quit for now while I'm going through Chemo and all. I hope to re-join after I'm done. Congrats for your 49 lb loss! That is great! I've lost about 50 lbs so far (over 2-3 years). I really like the program because it keeps me on track and teaches healthy eating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2012, 06:32 PM

I am an at goal lifetimer. My personal goal is 5 - 7 lbs below my ww goal so that gives me some wiggle room for weigh-ins even if I go 2 lbs over. I had my surgery on Dec 16th and came home 3 days later and 8 lbs heavier. I was still within my range though because pre-op nerves got the best of me and I was down a few extra. Of course during recovery I was eating what ever was being made for me but I had pre-made a lot of it - so was eating healthy. At my last weigh in before surgery I told them at my meeting and I was given a suspension for not having to weigh in for 2 months. I would ask and see what they say at your meeting. It so happened that I have weighed in each month but only because my centre is in the grocery store and I was there anyways. I haven't been to a meeting in the 13 weeks since surgery but have weighed in each month. Good luck! and congrats on the loss
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:41 PM

For the first two weeks post op I was not that hungry and I actually dropped 5 pounds below my goal weight. That was 6 months ago and I've only gained back two of those 5 pounds. Exercise has helped.
By two weeks post op you should lose most of the water weight from surgery.
Unread 03-20-2012, 07:44 AM

Thank you all for your posts!!

This weight loss has had such a positive impact on my life, I am nervous about a hard fall.

Probably more nervous about the actual hysterectomy, but projecting on to the weight thing!

Thanks for sharing your stories and congrats to you all for losing weight and keeping it off!
Unread 03-20-2012, 02:58 PM

Wow Saucey....I too had a failed ablation and tubal in May 2011. Also lost 35 lbs...since August but not on WW. Our surgery dates are the same too....true coincidence!!! Good luck...I am chewing my nails to the bone...
Unread 03-20-2012, 06:52 PM

Good luck Littlestar! I know that becuase of our weight loss, we should rock the recovery!
Unread 03-20-2012, 07:54 PM

I am walking like a crazy person...hoping it will cancel out my future inactivity. Wonder how long it will take to feel up to walking again. I walk 5-6 miles 4-5 times a week. You have any idea? Soooo wish I knew a PS who could give me a tummy tuck or a little work...lol. Oh well! 10 days and holding...
Unread 03-20-2012, 08:24 PM

Keep track of your points and keep doing what you're doing and and if you need a note from the doctor get that too but they shouldn't deny you your lifetime b/c of your surgery. I actuarially lost 6 lbs since surgery. I'm 4 lbs. from my monthly goal. I hope I can keep that up.

Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register