LAVH 6 wk post-op check today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH 6 wk post-op check today LAVH 6 wk post-op check today

Unread 03-19-2012, 12:48 PM
LAVH 6 wk post-op check today

OMG I'm nervous about my appointment in less than 1 hour...mostly due to the incision made on the right vulva for the cyst removal done at same time of hyst. I hope he's gentle today...Seems I may also have a yeast infection but at least the spotting is almost done with...THANK YOU JESUS!!! So sick of wearing pads since Aug 2011...using panty liners now...yay I hope he says I can go back to work. It has been a rough go but all things considered; I feel pretty good & only have a few days a week where my belly seems tender inside & the pulling from the cervix cuff is less. I still have the puffy belly that I'm sure drinking beer just increases it...LOL No problems with the premarin except I have to be sure to eat before taking it or I get nauseous. Hope everyone's getting better everyday also!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Re: LAVH 6 wk post-op check today

How did your appointment go? Hope things are well.
Unread 03-20-2012, 07:14 PM

I had my appt yesterday. My doctor was so gentle!! Yeah best vag exam ever. Everything went great but unable to go back to work due to my job. They want me at full steam or no steam so back home for three more weeks. I was a little depressed but I am so grateful to have some time with my family now without being miserable. I hope yours went well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingPopcorn View Post
How did your appointment go? Hope things are well.
My 6 wk appt went well...nervous for nothing cuz Dr was as gentle as a cotton ball. I go back to work Apr 2 and not sure how that will go since my job is very physical. I now am having insomnia...I hope I don't have to add a sleep med to my RX collection. Hope you're resting & healing well!!
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyak View Post
I had my appt yesterday. My doctor was so gentle!! Yeah best vag exam ever. Everything went great but unable to go back to work due to my job. They want me at full steam or no steam so back home for three more weeks. I was a little depressed but I am so grateful to have some time with my family now without being miserable. I hope yours went well.
My 6 wk exam was the same...nervous for nothing. I am in the same boat as you with the job status...all or nothing but the Dr says OK Apr 6...not sure if all the unloading & warehousing is going to play out for full days. I see some leaving early & more LWOP in my immediate future. Good Luck w yours.
Unread 03-21-2012, 06:18 AM

So glad I saw this thread as I have my 6 week check next week and have been quite nervous thinking about it. Without getting too personal, I'm wondering if the Dr. used a speculum or just his finger? After all, they can't get in there nearly as far as they used to!!
Also wondering what type of questions I should be asking. I had my ovaries removed as well, so I know he will talk about osteoporosis and HRT.
Unread 03-21-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babar1954 View Post
So glad I saw this thread as I have my 6 week check next week and have been quite nervous thinking about it. Without getting too personal, I'm wondering if the Dr. used a speculum or just his finger? After all, they can't get in there nearly as far as they used to!!
Also wondering what type of questions I should be asking. I had my ovaries removed as well, so I know he will talk about osteoporosis and HRT.
Can't imagine anything getting anymore personal after having probably hundreds of people looking between my legs thru this process...LOL He didn't use a speculum...that's what I was nervous about also. Good luck honey!!!
Unread 03-21-2012, 10:38 AM

Mine did use a speculum but it did not hurt. When asked she said she really wanted to visualize the vaginal cuff but it did not hurt at all. Just felt cool. I would look through the discussion based on 6 weeks post op. I looked at it yesterday and at the menopause section. They has some great questions to ask the MD that I wish I had thought to ask. Good luck!!
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:28 PM

I went last week for 4 1/2 wks post op lavh and my dr checked the cuff also and used the spec thing too , but not bad he used a lot of gel. Lol
Kris

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register