Emotional issues with vagina after TVH? - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Emotional issues with vagina after TVH? Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

Unread 03-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Re: Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

What can we do but laugh???? Thank you SO MUCH for the encouragement. I don't know why but the encouragement here helps so much more than from anyone anywhere else. 6 weeks is the magic number. So I'm told.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2012, 09:11 PM

The longest 6 weeks of my life! So, My Dr.'s office called today and moved my April 5th post-op appt. to April 19th! Seems he will be out of town on Spring Break. While I am sitting here wondering if my dreaded vaginal cuff is healing properly, he will be gone on Spring Break!! Don't get me wrong - I love my doctor, but - seriously?? I am not happy!!

Hope you all have a good night!
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonna4 View Post
The longest 6 weeks of my life! So, My Dr.'s office called today and moved my April 5th post-op appt. to April 19th! Seems he will be out of town on Spring Break. While I am sitting here wondering if my dreaded vaginal cuff is healing properly, he will be gone on Spring Break!! Don't get me wrong - I love my doctor, but - seriously?? I am not happy!!

Hope you all have a good night!
Oh, I would be so frustrated if my doctor moved my appointment! They have no idea how much we actually need to see them for reassurance. I have the same question... is the cuff healing??? Does it look okay?? Do I still have sutures?? And I want to know now, not after somebody's spring break! Maybe we will all feel better about our vaginas with a little reassurance from the expert.

Although I will say my surgeon will have earned a break after me... first, I turned out to be (in her words) the most challenging vaginal hysterectomy of her career (lucky me) then, post-op, I am like the question queen. I'm sure she's exhausted.

I'm sorry you've been delayed Nonna4. This process is teaching us patience isn't it???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2012, 10:54 PM

Yes it is and I'm trying really hard to be understanding. Guess I will just have to be patient. I'm actually feeling pretty good these days but a little reassurance would go a long way!

Hope you all have a good night.
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:15 AM

hugs
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:28 AM

It's my birthday today. I'm 44 and it's my first birthday with my "hot pocket" and without my uterus. I know that sounds silly but it makes me sad
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:35 AM

Happy Birthday Sugarandspice. It's ok to feel a bit sad over your loss. Enjoy your day for what it is.
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandspice View Post
It's my birthday today. I'm 44 and it's my first birthday with my "hot pocket" and without my uterus. I know that sounds silly but it makes me sad
Happy Birthday!
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:44 AM

sugarandspice!!

"hot pocket" - I like it!!
Unread 03-28-2012, 12:38 PM

Oh boy! It's sugarandspice's birthday. We're having a birthday party today! Everybody bring your hot pockets and come! (We've got more room in our bellies now. Does that mean we can have seconds on cake and ice cream?)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register