Emotional issues with vagina after TVH? - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Emotional issues with vagina after TVH? Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

Thread Tools
  #81  
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Re: Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

Ladies, Ladies! I do have a DH and he has never once asked what happened at the end of my vagina and I don't think he wants to know or cares. He can't even stand to watch gray's anatomy! We have been together for 20 years, married for 14, and children were not an issue. He has been extremely supportive and hasn't even asked about details. I also hate the name 'vaginal cuff' and don't plan to share that with him.

For you single ladies, all you need to discuss with anyone you date is that you have had a hysterectomy, and that doesn't need to even come up unless there is the issue of children. The whole how and why is a personal thing that only you need to know unless you want to discuss it with anyone. If someone likes you he will not care what has happened to your uterus, only that you are healthy and well.

Give yourselves a break! You will feel better as time goes on. In the meantime, come here and vent and we will be here for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #82  
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Re: Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandspice View Post
I still feel different from other women too... A little inferior maybe or a little "less". Sometimes I feel downright disfigured. Once in a while I catch myself starring at myself in the mirror very closely. Like there should be a sign of it on my face.

Time ladies, is all we need. And each other to talk to.
Me too! I was doing my daily walk in the park earlier today and looking at all the other women there, especially the younger ones, and I was just thinking "I feel different from them". And of course I know you can't just look at someone and tell if they've had a hysterectomy but I look at myself in the mirror too and think "do I look different? I feel different, do I look different???" I hate to admit that I feel a little inferior to anyone but, to be honest, I would say I do, just a teeny bit, way in the back of my mind. Even though I know that is not the measure of a woman. Sometimes what we know doesn't correlate to what we feel.

Right after surgery, I thought I might need to see a therapist. But, I've decided I don't. This is what I need. It helps more than any therapist ever could.
  #83  
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Re: Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonna4 View Post
Ladies, Ladies! I do have a DH and he has never once asked what happened at the end of my vagina and I don't think he wants to know or cares. He can't even stand to watch gray's anatomy! We have been together for 20 years, married for 14, and children were not an issue. He has been extremely supportive and hasn't even asked about details. I also hate the name 'vaginal cuff' and don't plan to share that with him.

For you single ladies, all you need to discuss with anyone you date is that you have had a hysterectomy, and that doesn't need to even come up unless there is the issue of children. The whole how and why is a personal thing that only you need to know unless you want to discuss it with anyone. If someone likes you he will not care what has happened to your uterus, only that you are healthy and well.

Give yourselves a break! You will feel better as time goes on. In the meantime, come here and vent and we will be here for you.
Nonna4, coming here and venting is the highlight of my day You have a good DH! What a blessing! You can tell him I give him a thumbs up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #84  
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Re: Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

mlb, I just love the way you describe things. Even though it's a sensitive subject and you're going through some very tough emotions, you're so refreshingly honest. (And the pictures you paint crack me up . . . the beautiful 30-year-old with her uterus, and me with my vaginal cuff. The joke will be on her, with her lovely, young uterus, when he runs out of juice long before she does!)

You could say we're cul-de-sacs now. No through traffic. Some guys might like that.
  #85  
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Re: Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

Cul de sac... Much better than cuff or pouch or flap.
  #86  
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Re: Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsweet2 View Post
mlb, I just love the way you describe things. Even though it's a sensitive subject and you're going through some very tough emotions, you're so refreshingly honest. (And the pictures you paint crack me up . . . the beautiful 30-year-old with her uterus, and me with my vaginal cuff. The joke will be on her, with her lovely, young uterus, when he runs out of juice long before she does!)

You could say we're cul-de-sacs now. No through traffic. Some guys might like that.
Do men ever really run out of juice??? Thanks shortnsweet... no one has ever accused me of not having an opinion! I love this site because it's the one place where you can be 100% honest and someone else will say "YES! Me too!". Even on a topic like this! This is one of those things where no one else can possibly understand unless they have been thru it. And I just noticed that this is currently the most popular thread on Hystersisters (over 1,300 have viewed!!!!), which only proves that none of us are alone or crazy for feeling the way we feel. I think a lot of post-operative ladies feel the same way we do about all of this! Hopefully knowing how we feel gives them some comfort.. that's what this site does so well.
  #87  
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Re: Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandspice View Post
Cul de sac... Much better than cuff or pouch or flap.
A cul-de-sac is very non-threatening!
  #88  
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Re: Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

Hummm, if you speak French, cul-de-sac is not much better than vaginal cuff. It means the "butt of a bag".
  #89  
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Re: Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

MLB - Men - Yeah, they do. They wear out, poor guys. Their older years are spent with viagra, prostate surgery, or falling asleep.

You said this thread proves we aren't crazy. I'm not so sure about that! I think we are a bit crazy, but it sure is fun, and no, we are not alone. It's nice to find so many women with the same ups and downs.

And following this thread is a lot more entertaining than TV, that's for sure!
  #90  
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Re: Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

We could have done without the French lesson! :

Now we're right back where we started!
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
4 Replies, Last Reply 09-02-2011, Started By ZoeFoo
16 Replies, Last Reply 01-02-2011, Started By Odie134
1 Reply, Last Reply 01-25-2010, Started By Kimma
5 Replies, Last Reply 12-30-2008, Started By Angie40
17 Replies, Last Reply 04-15-2008, Started By SisterJB
4 Replies, Last Reply 09-26-2006, Started By mmblack
14 Replies, Last Reply 06-02-2005, Started By Marimar
1 Reply, Last Reply 01-20-2005, Started By wendy38
3 Replies, Last Reply 09-08-2004, Started By wishy
6 Replies, Last Reply 02-24-2004, Started By Aurora
5 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
1 Reply, Endometriosis Support
11 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
7 Replies, No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause
3 Replies, Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues
13 Replies, Aching Hearts
4 Replies, No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
3 Replies, Aching Hearts
2 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
1 Reply, No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

June 23,2021

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement