TAH insomnia..dreaded insomnia! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

insomnia..dreaded insomnia! insomnia..dreaded insomnia!

Unread 03-19-2012, 10:45 PM
insomnia..dreaded insomnia!

I have the worst case of insomnia. Didn't nap ALL DAY! Rested, but never once fell asleep. I fell asleep at 8:30, complately exhausted, only to wake up at 10, and now 10:40 with restless leggs, lower back, can't sleep on my back, can't sleep on my side, can't sleep with pillow under my knees, can't sleep without a pillow undet my knees....grrrrr. My poor hubby, I had to move to the livingroom to try and let him sleep. He gets up at 4am to get ready for work!!! On the flip side of this rant....so lucky to have you ladies available to "hear" me!!!! Love to all and I hope I get no replies until morning because you are all fast asleep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Re: insomnia..dreaded insomnia!

I had insomnia for several weeks after my hysterectomy, I thought I was going to go insane. I think thinking about it made it worse. Mine was actually from my ovary going to sleep and eventually needed a kick start.

Saying a prayer that this is a one time deal for you and that you get some good sleep soon.

PS. Replying from my phone and as I was proof reading I caught that autocorrect changed hysterectomy to hysterical, lol.
Unread 03-19-2012, 11:21 PM

Hysterical...YES! LOL. How did you find out that was the reason for your insomnia? Msybe mine is because I stopped taking the narcotic pain killer? I only had one today and two the day before. Had trouble sleeping last night as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkink View Post
Hys! LOL. How did you find out that was the reason for your insomnia? Msybe mine is because I stopped taking the narcotic pain killer? I only had one today and two the day before. Had trouble sleeping last night as well.
I was also experiencing night sweats, hot flashes and hair loss that lasted over 2 weeks. Oh and crying for days on end. It could be that your body had adjusted to the pain killers and now that you aren't needing them so much, it is more awake and if you are taking it easy like you should you are not wearing it out. If you have some benedryl around you could give that a shot. It has the same active ingredient as most otc sleep aids and isn't addictive. Might be the kick your body needs.
Unread 03-19-2012, 11:52 PM

Oh, good suggestion. I didn't think about benedryl. Thanks!
Unread 03-20-2012, 08:28 AM

The benadryl was the one for me, but I'm a little loopy for the first 30 minutes when I get up. Just another reminder to slow down!
Unread 03-20-2012, 08:43 AM

ask your dr for some ambien or try tylenol pm or an otc sleep aid
Unread 03-20-2012, 08:55 AM
insomnia..dreaded insomnia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesday20 View Post
ask your dr for some ambien or try tylenol pm or an otc sleep aid
Since I am taking motrin, i will send my doctor a note and ask her if i can take tylenol pm with it. Thanks, sisters! You have very helpful advice.
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:05 PM

I called the doc today about what you ladies are all talking about: night sweats, hot flashes, moodiness, and yep: insomnia. I'm supposed to go in tomorrow for bloodwork to see if hormones will help. I kept my ovaries, but I know they can take their own sweet time kicking in again. I guess I'm optimistic that there's a fix for this problem. I'm just afraid that the blood work will be fine and maybe all of this is just in my head...
Good luck to you all.
Unread 03-20-2012, 06:23 PM

The doctor said I could take tylenol pm, or unisom, or benedryl. And since I am not taking the narcotic anymore I can take plain tylenol alternating with the motrin for discomfort if I want. I feel discomfort but not really pain like I did to take the narcotic. And honestly, the narcotic does nothing for the discomfort. Just makes me a lil loopy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register