Steri-Strips | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Steri-Strips

Hello, I'm on day 4 post-op TVH da-vinci... I forget what the abbreviation is for that. Anyway - what are you ladies experiencing with your steri-strips? I have 5 incisions, one has already lost all of it's strips. Two others have developed blisters under the edges of the strips and the one in my belly button is ready to loose it's strips. How long are these things supposed to stay on? Have you kept yours covered or let them get some air?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Steri-Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesday20 View Post
Hello, I'm on day 4 post-op TVH da-vinci... I forget what the abbreviation is for that. Anyway - what are you ladies experiencing with your steri-strips? I have 5 incisions, one has already lost all of it's strips. Two others have developed blisters under the edges of the strips and the one in my belly button is ready to loose it's strips. How long are these things supposed to stay on? Have you kept yours covered or let them get some air?
Not sure if this helps. I didn't have steri strips. My dr used derma bond glue. But you can let them fall off on their own or if your skin is closed then it would be ok to remove them. My incisions were covered with a band aide that the dr removed the next morning.
Unread 03-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Re: Steri-Strips

I had a TAH with stitching, but my doctor also covered the entire incision with steri-strips. She told me to keep them on until they fall off on their own, or at 2 weeks post-op remove them. They stayed on the entire two weeks, then were easily peeled off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2012, 02:16 PM

On 3/8, I had a BSO and my cervix removed abdominally. My steri strips did not fall off before the one week appointment. One started to come off, so I removed it. I sprayed my incision with peroxide twice daily. While sitting on the sofa, periodically I lifted my shirt for it to get air. At night, I slept without panties and just lifted my nightgown and slept under a sheet. The doctor removed the strips, so I still spray it with peroxide and apply Neosporine.
Unread 03-20-2012, 04:03 PM

They normally stay on longer, but if you have blisters, it sounds like you are allergic to the glue on them. I'd call your doctor and ask what you should do. They may be able to give you something to put on the blistering parts. They may or may not want you to use anything on the actual incisions. It's best to know what your own doc recommends for you.

Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register