Mirror, mirror on the wall - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mirror, mirror on the wall Mirror, mirror on the wall

Unread 03-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall

Well I feel pretty good and look better than before surgery! I was very fatigue and drained prior with very dark circles under my eyes. I don't know what helped so much I wasn't anemic or have anything real serious but I notice a big difference maybe just the strain of the hormones up and down all month was taking a hidden toll on me. I feel ALIVE!Hope the same comes for all

And I really re-read this and it sounded like I was bragging and I'm in no way that kind of person! I should add I am 94lbs I have struggled with gaining weight and everyone always looking at me like I was dying because I looked so ill, it feels good to finally be able to look in the mirror and see day by day my health coming back and I sincerely want that for everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2012, 09:48 AM

Sharona19 - Thanks for the encouraging words. I am feeling better and more like myself every day. I just have to remember to slow down before I do too much. I'm only working three days per week, but they are long days. Too long! Fatigue and swelly belly are not my friends! It's good to know it will continue to get better. I have lost 10 lbs since my surgery and everyone is saying I look great so that is a positive thing. Good to hear from someone who is doing so well!
Unread 03-21-2012, 12:54 PM

Thank you for this topic!! Just 30 mins ago I was getting in the shower and looking at myself in the mirror. I was standing there staring at myself wondering why my face looks so pale compared to my body, looking at the little pouch I am developing....... I am glad I am not alone, but I also know that we will all come through this and be more beautiful than before Love and hugs to you all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2012, 09:59 AM

I, too, am feeling wonderful about myself. The dark circles under my eyes that have been there for years are even getting better. I feel so happy that just 2 weeks after surgery I am able to wear my blue jeans. Actually wore then Wednesday to my 2 week post-op appointment.

Even though I still have some pain, my body feels so much better.

But I also think it may be the hormone replacement It seems to give me a boost and I make sure that I take my little pink pill every morning!

And I do hope that no one thinks I am bragging either. It is just that I feel like a totally new woman. I feel that a whole new world is out there for me to play in!!

I went into surgery with only plans of removal of my uterus and cervix due to a growing 5 cm fibroid that was left from a balloon ablation in 2008 and an enlarged uterus. My ovaries were going to stay if they looked healthy. However, surprise!; not only was my uterus even bigger than expected, I am had endometriosis!! So I was rather in shock to wake up from a 2 hour surgery to find that everything had to be removed along with cleaning up from the endometriosis. But after a rough couple of days of all the initial recuperation pains, including nausea that required an ER trip at 4 in the morning for a shot, I am feeling so wonderful. Now I am just trying to be patient and not over-do.

So to all that are not feeling so good, BIG HUGS and wishes that all will feel wonderful soon!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register