Stabbing vaginal pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stabbing vaginal pain Stabbing vaginal pain

Unread 03-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Stabbing vaginal pain

I did NOT have a vaginal hysterectomy (completely laparoscopic), but I've been worried b/c I've been having stabbing pains at least 3-5 times a day, as if a knife were going up my vagina.

I used to have these pains pre-op, when I was on my period...but it would only happen every so often.

I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2012, 01:24 AM
Re: Stabbing vaginal pain

I had the same thing for the first 10 days or so - part of the healing process according to my doctor! We heal a lot more quickly on the outside than the inside where there's no oxygen to help the process along. My pains diminished and then more or less disappeared - still get the odd one from time to time when I do too much! If you're worried though perhaps you should pay a visit to your doctor just to put your mind at rest?
Good luck,
Christina
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:59 AM

I had same thing. I had the davinci procedure. Started having same pain you're having. Mine ended up being blood clots. Should def tell your dr tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2012, 08:53 AM

Will do! I will let you know what is said.

I have a list of things to ask, now, so I feel more comfortable phoning in.
Unread 03-21-2012, 10:55 AM

Okay-- just got a call back about this. They told me to watch the pains. She said it might be irritation because they had put something in my vagina during the surgery to hold up my uterus, but that it should disappear within a few weeks.

If not, I'll need to get back with them. She didn't say what it could be, but she sounded concerned if it continues.
Unread 03-21-2012, 06:07 PM

I am almost 8 weeks po I had an abdominal hysterectomy. They left my ovaries. I have had the same stabbing pains since week 1 po and haven't gotten an explaination from my doctor
Unread 03-21-2012, 06:42 PM

I'll let you know if it continues and they figure something out. I've looked for solutions for a few years and the only explanation I ever got was endometriosis.

I wonder if they might've left some? She told me they didn't check on my intestines and just scraped what they saw off my bladder. But it seems like the pains would be better, then, not worse. Hopefully it's just irritation for whatever they put in there.
Unread 03-21-2012, 07:10 PM

There are a lot of things that can cause this type of pain. For me, it was an infection. My doc had me come in because it still hurt. So definitely keep an eye on it and let them know if it doesn't get better or stays the same

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register