Ok, I have read a lot of the nightmare stories.. now I'd like to hear the success sto | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ok, I have read a lot of the nightmare stories.. now I'd like to hear the success sto Ok, I have read a lot of the nightmare stories.. now I'd like to hear the success sto

Unread 03-21-2012, 06:53 AM
Ok, I have read a lot of the nightmare stories.. now I'd like to hear the success sto

My name is Kim and I am 44 and I had my hysterectomy Dec 13th 2011. They took one ovary, both tubes, uterus cervix and put on a mini sling on my bladder. I had endomitriosis, adeno, lots of adhesions and a huge cyst on my left ovary. They left the right ovary and about a week after my surgery I started to have ovulation pains and I have been having pain and cysts ever since. I know she's doing her job perhaps a little too well... I just can't take it anymore. I feel so much better in many ways since my surgery but I feel but this is holding me back. I go in on 3/29 to have it removed.

Of course I'm scared... I know there has been success with HRT and I'd really like to hear those success stories now please.

What is it that you're taking? do you see an endocrinologist? do you have a levels tested?

My doctor spoke briefly to me and said we would cover more at the pre op but she did mention the patch at about half dose?

Thanks ladies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Re: Ok, I have read a lot of the nightmare stories.. now I'd like to hear the success

Success story here. Although it did take me quite some time to find that place called balance and there were many bumps in the road along the way.

My suggestions are to not panic at the first sign of symptoms. You will need to give your body some time to recover from surgery and to adjust to life without the ovaries. Keep in mind that some symptoms can be a sign of hormone fluctuations as your body adjusts to these changes. Keep a detailed journal of your symptoms. And read the articles at www.hormonejungle.com

Unread 03-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Re: Ok, I have read a lot of the nightmare stories.. now I'd like to hear the success

thanks so much for the reply. I was hoping for a few more success stories...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2012, 09:07 AM

I have a small success. I have done well on a patch, no need to switch around. But I don't think I had as many symptoms as many do, so it doesn't seem so special to me-----maybe I should be counting my blessings. I wish you luck getting the right HRT the first time, or at least soon. I hope it goes well for you, let us know.
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:51 AM

yeah... anx for your reply and yes count your blessings! I'm really happy things a been okay for you.
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:00 PM

I've been looking for more success stories as well. But i've also discovered that alot of time when people are looking for support its because they are not having an easy time and come to the forums so the success stories we may not hear as often. I have two friends that have had this done and been very optimistic, they both had fairly easy times having their ovaries removed. I think its all depends on the individual. One that that really helped me when I was on Lupron and gave me hope that I could handle the loss is that I'm on an anti-depressant/anxiety called Lexapro. I really didn't feel any negative effects of the Lupron as many have stated they have.
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:22 PM

that's exactly what I was thinking, people tend to post when they have questions or problems but it's really nice to hear from all the people who are doing well. so I hope to find a few of those people to post here. tomorrow is my pre op... still hope I'm making the right decision, I'm ready to be out of pain and I'm ready to move on to the next chapter. I too have a friend who had everything removed and whet on hormone replacement therapy and had a really good time with it. I have seen a few other women here who have also been successful... that gives me hope.

any suggestions on questions I might want to ask tomorrow?
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:49 PM

Here's a thread from our archives with some good questions to ask your doctor about hrt

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=65842

Unread 03-22-2012, 07:18 PM

I have been on vivelle dot .075 from day 1 of surgery. I would say that I have not had any problems really with my HRT. My GYN told me yesterday that I would be on HRT for a long time.
She said thsat it is very important for women who are in suirgical menopause to have HRT as they have no way to produce estrogen and it is important for a womens overall health.
Unread 03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Ok, I have read a lot of the nightmare stories.. now I'd like to hear the success sto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim M View Post
Here's a thread from our archives with some good questions to ask your doctor about hrt

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=65842

Thanks so much

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register