Ok, I have read a lot of the nightmare stories.. now I'd like to hear the success sto - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ok, I have read a lot of the nightmare stories.. now I'd like to hear the success sto Ok, I have read a lot of the nightmare stories.. now I'd like to hear the success sto

Unread 03-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Re: Ok, I have read a lot of the nightmare stories.. now I'd like to hear the success

Hi all,

So far I would say my experience has been very positive. Everything my doctor told me would happen has occurred. My hospital stay was very nice.
I'm about 3 1/2 weeks post op. I'm going for walks and able to do light house work.
I take naps when I need to so I don't overdo it. Having my surgery was the best decision I could have ever made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Re: Ok, I have read a lot of the nightmare stories.. now I'd like to hear the success

I had my hysterectimy July 2011. I had a rough post op course but since then I haven't had any more problems. I feel better now that I did the last 2 years with all the problems I was having. I use an estogen gel that you rub into your arm. It seems to work really well for me. My hot flashes are under control for the most part. Good luck with you surgery.
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:45 AM

Thanks... So good to hear about success!

Update for me: I had my surgery 2 weeks and 3 days ago and I have to say so far I'm very happy. Well my hyster was dec 13, 2011 and the last ovary was removed 2 weeks ago.

I am on the rings for my HRT I'm the first 3 days I hated it but now things are leveling out and I like it a lot. the deep pain in side is gone... when she went and she did have to clear someadheasions and the ovary was sitting higher just like I thought it was. And cysts we were watching were still there. My biggest complaint is I'm still a little sore on the inside on my right side and some headaches, but otherwise I am happy and hopeful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2012, 08:49 AM

Glad to hear you are feeling better..give yourself the rest you need and time for everything to heal. Spring is in the air so enjoy going outdoors for some walks . The fresh air and sunshine always makes you feel good

Unread 04-18-2012, 09:48 AM

I had a tah the old way I guess on April 10,2012. I am proud of my decision and everything went well. I feel better than I did before I went even though I have some pain that Is to be expected. I am eating small amounts at a time BM is daily, lost weight already even with swelly belly. I'm looking forward to a new improved life. Sunny today so I will take the advice and enjoy some fresh air.
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:53 AM

Sunshine and Fresh Air is the best medicine

Take Care..
Unread 05-29-2012, 10:56 AM

Total success here. TVH, it's all gone, and I'm on the Vivelle patch 0.075 since I got out of the hospital, 15+ months ago. So glad I did it.
Unread 06-06-2012, 08:56 PM

Hi,
I have a success story. I was on bio-identical HRT for 5 years before my surgery. I had endometrial cancer that my doctor believed was due to estrogen dominance. My hormones were unbalanced. No testing was ever done.

After surgery, the doctor says no to estrogen and feels there is no need for progesterone without a uterus. I feel differently. My symptoms are actually worse and I really missed HRT.

But... I took matters into my own hands. I found support outside my healthcare. I chose high dose progesterone therapy. I am amazed at how well it is working. I needed a strong progesterone foundation to feel "safe" against all the environmental estrogens and phyto-estrogens in foods.

Progesterone therapy doesn't work for everyone. I have had great success dealing with hot flashes/nightsweats, foggy brain, overall sense of well-being, joint pain and sleep issues. I read that it it even helps with bone density. I will know in September.

I am very pleased with my choice and my success. Everyone's experience is different and their bodies need different hormones and different levels of hormones to bring balance. Some women need no support at all.

You may have to try several options before you find what works for you.

Best of luck to you for your healing journey.
Unread 07-05-2012, 07:28 PM

I have a TVH in 2010 I was 30 years old. I started having terrible terrible symptoms after surgery. I let it go for a while thinking it was just my body stabilizing after surgery. Things got worse and worse. I had symptoms that I did not recognize as menopause. Because they kept my ovaries. Well I didn't know, and neither did my doc, but after surgery they shrivled up and died. So after alot of resistance I caved and went on HRT. I felt good within in a week. I took myself off them a year later because I thought I could manage on my own. I was foolish. Now I am working on getting back on track and finding one that works for me again.
Unread 07-05-2012, 09:29 PM

I hope you find something that works and fast.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register