Am I just being a baby - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I just being a baby Am I just being a baby

Unread 03-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Re: Am I just being a baby

Yes, Alecia 777 you can not do that again you are only 7 days post-op and you are trying to drive. I am glad you made it back okay, but that was scary. My doctor would not let me drive until I reach 4 wks post-op. He said that your focus and concentration is not up to part yet. Get plenty of rest and take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2012, 02:58 PM

You are being sensible. When I had my first surgery, LSH, in 2010, I had to drive my daughter to school around week three. It was a 35 minute drive there and 35 minutes back. I would have to turn back around and pick her up too. Although I had the pillow between the seat belt, I really think it was too much. I don't think that was wise to drive so far on the interstate everyday. I did not have anyone to take her or pick her up for me. Thank God, she is in school about two blocks from our house now. This time, I am taking it easy and sitting down. I had my ovaries and cervix removed on 3/8. My mom has been staying with us since my surgery and will officially leave on Friday. When she leaves, I still do not plan on doing a lot. I plan on sitting in the same spot where I am now--on the couch. LOL!
Unread 03-21-2012, 04:33 PM

No you are not a whimp, it's only my 3rd day and felt like I was imposing too much so I decided to go downstairs and grab a bowl of cereal for lunch. That alone was a mistake! The stairs are so painful! So if it's your 3rd day or 13th day your body will let you know and not to mention our 6th sense as women will tell us what we can handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2012, 04:38 PM

Pinkink, Unfortunatley we did not have anyone today. Her mom had to be at a meeting in another county and my husband got stuck on a job. I really thought I could pull it off but realised quickly that I was wrong. I will not be doing that again for a week or two minimum!!! Yes, it is hard not having any family around. My sister had offered to come down from NY and take care of me, she is an RN but she just started with a new hospital and I did not want her to take time off so soon. My husband was really good the first few days but it seems that my family is ready for me to be up cleaning and cooking. They seem to think this is like getting a tooth pulled I am probably doing more than I should but just don't have any help. Sorry for the little rant, just get frustrated sometimes......
Unread 03-21-2012, 05:12 PM

Then it's confirmed, driving was not the best choice. Thanks mom for giving her a ride. Hopefully she learned to pay attention to her alarm (after all, I've been told she's 15 now and not a little girl anymore. I still remind her if she's not a little girl anymore, then prove it by being more responsible). I think Saturday is my 1st expected outing, in which I'll be passenger. Just shy of 2 weeks post-op and I have a funeral mass to attend. Hubby is taking me. Thanks for the personal stories ladies. It helps keep things in perspective.
Unread 03-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Am I just being a baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecia777 View Post
Pinkink, Unfortunatley we did not have anyone today. Her mom had to be at a meeting in another county and my husband got stuck on a job. I really thought I could pull it off but realised quickly that I was wrong. I will not be doing that again for a week or two minimum!!! Yes, it is hard not having any family around. My sister had offered to come down from NY and take care of me, she is an RN but she just started with a new hospital and I did not want her to take time off so soon. My husband was really good the first few days but it seems that my family is ready for me to be up cleaning and cooking. They seem to think this is like getting a tooth pulled I am probably doing more than I should but just don't have any help. Sorry for the little rant, just get frustrated sometimes......
Oh, you're not ranting, I am right there with you. I am just lucky to have older kids who only need taxi service after my hubby is home. Now, if only I could get someone to let the dog out without a fight!!!! Hopefully you are not in the position again where you are forced to do too much. Take care, and remember that we all know how you feel, even when other people dont get it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register