June Surgery Scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

June Surgery Scheduled June Surgery Scheduled

Unread 03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
June Surgery Scheduled

Hello everyone. I'm Erin. I'm a new member. I am a 25 year old wife & mom from TX but stationed in South Carolina. I have had reproductive issues since I was 16. Started with heavy periods and awful pain. Only got worse since I had my two girls (they are 3 & 1). On March 6th I had a last ditch attempt, a uterine ablation. I was told it might correct my issues but my 2nd GYN says it wont. So, I have surgery scheduled for June. My hubby is really worried and has tons of questions. My main thing is that I am worried about the recovery process. Can you ladies give me real, inside knowledge. I will have my uterus, Fallopian tubes and cervix removed but leaving my ovaries. The main reason for this is to control my bleeding, take care of pre-cancerous cells and hopefully never had cancer a chance to occur. I am 100% done having children, I have a VSD heart defect and my cardio doc is very adamant about me having a hysterectomy. im most nervous about the actual surgery and recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Re: June Surgery Scheduled

Hi Erin... to HysterSisters!

Recovery is different for everyone, and it is dependent on the type of surgery you are having, if there are complications, and many other factors. In general, though, you will probably be very fatigued for a few of weeks. Just taking a shower and getting to the couch will be an accomplishment. You will need help around the house with cooking, cleaning, dishes, shopping, driving, etc. for a few weeks. You will have lifting restrictions for about six or eight weeks - no more than 10 lbs. You may need to be off work for several weeks. You can then SLOWLY move back into normal life. 100% recovery may take 6 to 12 months. (I am about 10 months post-op and still not 100% but getting close.)

You may want to check out the pre-op and post-op sections of this web site. There is also a Mister HysterSister just for your husband. Explore around. There is a lot of good information here.

Good luck to you. I know this surgery is overwhelming. We are here to help and support you.

(((Hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register