Pre-Op 5/8 and scared - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op 5/8 and scared Pre-Op 5/8 and scared

Unread 03-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy and scared (severe adhesions)

My Dr. told me on Monday that since I have had a few surgeries more than likely there are adhesions and that she will to what she can to remove them and/or work around them. She wasn't worried about it at all! Made me feel like I was totally over-reacting....According to her it is expected and will be handled! Hope this helps tracie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2012, 10:18 AM

Thank you it does help. I over-react alot and always think the worst is my problem. I am confident that my doctor will do everything possible to make me feel better. I just need to be more positive. Thanks for responding
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:29 AM

I hear ya girlfriend!! I wow people with my "what-if" scenarios. Let's just say I have a colorful imagination! I went into the appt trying to be calm, cool and collected and my Dr had every answer no hesitation. I almost fell on the floor when my DH asked how long we should expect to be at the castle and she said maybe just overnight!!! I was originally told 4-5 days! More importantly she said we will take each day as it comes...no need to panic about nothing. But that's what I am best at! So she is not stressing the fact that she may have to do an abdominal incision if she can't manage things by LAVH...no big deal...she will handle it. I let out a HUGE sigh of relief! Then she gave me a script for Ambien and told me to get some sleep...healing is hard work and I need to rest! Best advice I have had in months....I hope things get easier for you. My only other advice to you...other than reaching out to your sisters on here...is to go for a walk. It helps you clear your mind and be more receptive to good thoughts!! I'm here for you...but may have to bow out for a few days. I have a big date at the castle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2012, 10:33 AM

Thank you darlin!! I just might have to take a nice walk, I need that. Well good luck to you. Please keep me posted when you feel like chatting again. Take care )
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:24 PM

Hey ladies. I'll be seeing my surgeons tomorrow. Gyne doctor and my regular surgeon. Both will be in the room to get this done. First surgeon to remove scar tissue and adhesions and the gyne to do the hysterectomy. I have been prayed up all day. Ladies stand on your faith. I don't know what all of your religious beliefs are but prayers have worked wonders for me in the past and I have some serious friends, family and even strangers praying on my behalf. And I will say prayers for all of you before I go to sleep tonight. My surgery will be sometime on Friday and I will let you know how it's goes. I want to be able to relieve some of you stressors if I can. Hugs to all of you and especially you Tracie. Sending many hugs to everyone.
Unread 03-29-2012, 07:10 AM

You are exactly going to be going through what I am. I will have my GYN doctor in the room along with a colon surgeon. It makes me feel alot better knowing I will have two in there that specialize in each field. I am a christian and believe in the power of prayer as it has pulled me through some tough times before. I hope everything goes great for you and please let me know how you are. I will be anxiously awaiting to hear about your surgery and how you are feeling. Many hugs and prayers to you
Unread 03-29-2012, 07:14 AM

Mzdjoy all the best to you for tomorrow. I am looking forward to hearing that it has all gone well for you.
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:44 AM

Hello Ladies!
I am 11 weeks post op today! I went in December and they closed me right back up. My bowel was attached to everything due to adhesions and scar tissue. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis. Who knew? I had to have a colonoscopy.
My surgery was January 12. I had to prep so they could get to the bowel. I had a bladder repair and sling as well as everything removed.
I have had severe back pain and awful periods for years! I am happy to say that I feel better than I have in years!!
It's ok to be scared, remember you will be better than ever! As some very wise Hystersisters told me, don't rush your recovery, take off your Wonder Woman cape and take good care of yourself. Do exactly what the doctors tell you to do.
Do not be surprised if 2 weeks after surgery it takes all you have to take a shower. Relax! You will be healing. Listen to your body!
This site has been a God sent blessing to me! Ask what you want. Someone has been through what you are going through and can help guide you.
Many blessings & hugs! Good luck!
Kathy
Unread 03-29-2012, 11:53 AM

Thank you so much Kathy for responding. So even though your colon was involved everything is fine now. You didn't have to get a colostomy bag and your bladder is fine? That is what scares me the most, not knowing what I am going to wake up to because I know that my small and large intestines are involved. This site has been a blessing to me for sure, if I couldn't talk about it or ask questions I would drive myself crazy. I am so happy for you that you feel so much better. Many blessings and hugs to you too, you have made me feel much better.
Unread 03-29-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traciej17 View Post
Thank you so much Kathy for responding. So even though your colon was involved everything is fine now. You didn't have to get a colostomy bag and your bladder is fine? That is what scares me the most, not knowing what I am going to wake up to because I know that my small and large intestines are involved. This site has been a blessing to me for sure, if I couldn't talk about it or ask questions I would drive myself crazy. I am so happy for you that you feel so much better. Many blessings and hugs to you too, you have made me feel much better.
My colon was fine. Just some minor shaving to get it released. Ask your doctor about doing a colon prep before surgery. I feel very lucky! When the started in December if they did not stop chances were I would have had the bag for 6 months. They did have the colon doctor on stand by in January. The bladder has taken a long time to heal! I felt like I always had a UTI. My GYN said bladders don't like to be messed with. I did have to catch for a couple of days in the hospital. Not the most pleasant but less than I expected.
You may hate your doctor for a fe days after surgery but I promise that will go away and he wil be your hero!
I will try and answer any questions you may have. Eight weeks after the surgery, giving away al the pads & tampons was awesome! 25 out of 30 day period, gone!
Are you keeping your cervix? That was the strange part for me. I really stressed how that even worked. I keep hearing vaginal cuff and not understanding any of it. I also worried about sex. Remember it takes time to heal. It will be fine. Please don't worry. We are all here to lend a ear or to try and answer questions. I found what I thought was a dumb question was not and the answers really eases the stress! I would call the doctor and hear "that's normal". Oh how I hate that expression now. How the heck do we know what "normal" is. Your fellow sisters will help you a lot.
Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register