CASTLE by Raven - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CASTLE by Raven CASTLE by Raven

Unread 01-09-2002, 04:41 PM
CASTLE by Raven

Hi Raven,

Your art is unbelievable - you are very talented!! I especially love the one you have titled "Coffee Break". I just wish I had such a lovely place to take my coffee break every day at work.

I don't know your history, but want to encourage you. I didn't find hystersisters until the night before my surgery, when I was very nervous and scared. I wish I had known about this site earlier. I have no regrets about my hyster.

Hang in there, and thanks to PDawn for the link to your site.

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2002, 05:09 PM
CASTLE by Raven

My pleasure, Karen.
Unread 01-09-2002, 05:14 PM
CASTLE by Raven

Thanks ladies, I'm so nice to be appreciated sometimes
And KDeit, you may not have that particular place to go on your coffee break at work, but, you CAN actually buy a coffee mug with that pic on it. It's not a sales pitch, just though you might want one because of your comment. the link is available on the "coffee break" page at the top.
Once again, ladies... I know I have been a royal pain in the chat room and I'm sorry, but dang it! I can't help it. I'm just flat out scared of all of it.
Love Ya
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2002, 05:47 PM
CASTLE by Raven

Raven... how beautiful.. how calm I feel right now.. thanks

Traci
PS.. you are not a royal pain... just tell us how you feel.. we are here
Unread 01-09-2002, 06:18 PM
CASTLE by Raven

Raven,

Thanks for telling me that I could order a mug - I have just ordered the large one - figure that way I will have a nice long break to enjoy looking at your picture!!

Sure wish my castle had looked as lovely as yours does.

Don't feel bad about being scared. I'm glad that you're talking about it and finding out that it's normal to be scared, but that it will be OK.

I'll let you know when my mug comes.

Karen
Unread 01-09-2002, 08:11 PM
CASTLE by Raven

Michelle,

You are not a pain. This site is for women to be there for each other and we are here for you. That's why we're "sisters". Please don't feel bad about anything. I missed you in chat tonight and hope you are ok.

I'm gonna go look at that mug now.

Pam
Unread 01-09-2002, 10:39 PM
CASTLE by Raven

Hello Raven
Your artwork is just beautiful. You are very talented.
Thank you Pam for letting us know about this beautiful art.
Take Care
Unread 01-10-2002, 10:19 AM
CASTLE by Raven

Thanks Ladies
Unread 01-10-2002, 11:37 AM
CASTLE by Raven

Raven,

You're work is absolutely beautiful. I too was scared out of my wits when it came to surgery. Just try to focus on the positive aspects of it. I have hit the three week wall, but I feel ALOT better than I would be if I hadn't have had the surgery.

Someone else made an awesome suggestion in another thread (forgive me I can't remember for the life of me who it was) Make a list of the things you can't do, or have to schedule around right now, put that in the cons list. Now reverse the cons, and put them in a pros list. Those same things that you can't do right now you WILL be able to post recovery.

I was like you. Trying to find a way out of it, and actually had one. I could have opted to switch my birth control pills up. But I had to sit there and ask myself, what kind of life do I have when I am hurting 3 weeks out of the month, and my only good week, I was too tired from the other three to do anything. I had been suffering for 2 1/2 years. I had the choice of trying another set of BCP's for 3 months, and if that didn't work, then it would have been a no choice hyst. I didn't want to wait and see. I had been on BCP's for the last 6 months and they hadn't helped. I also had a laparoscopy, which took my left ovary and tube before the surgery. When that didn't help me feel better I started bawling. I was still in pain, still having horrid periods, and it seemed like there was no end to it. When I went back to the doc, for a 6 week check up from my Lap. and told him what was going on, he said well we could change the pill up and see if that works. and I said No. I have had enough. I can't be the kind of mother I want to be to my children, or the kind of wife I want to be to my husband because I was in pain constantly.

I'm 3 weeks post now. I still have my rough days. But I do NOT regret it for one minute. I will no longer have my standard week on the couch, or have to look at the calendar and give my kids the monthly pep talk "Mommy is going to need your help a LOT next week". I am hurting right now due to internal stitching dissolving. But it is nothing compared to the cramps I used to get, that made me nauseaous.

You are stronger than you think you are Raven. You have a lot of people cheering you on. Please take care hun. And keep coming back to the boards. There are some outstanding sisters here.

s
Unread 01-10-2002, 12:27 PM
CASTLE by Raven

Thanks for the pep talk kia. I'd love to be able to say that it helped. I'm at a point now where I don't think anything will help me. I'm a lost cause and they will have to literally kidnap me and knock me unconcious to get me in that hospital. I'm so mixed up right now. I know I need this done. I also know that there is no way I can do it. I thought getting the surgery date would help. It didn't. I'm an even bigger basket case now. I can't stop crying. I live from one panic attack to the next. I try to look like I'm ok, but it's not helping. I try to maintain myself at work but people are starting to really get worried about me. I'm driving dh completely crazy and my best friend... well, he's jsut ready to wring my neck.
::heavy sigh::
gotta goto work now
Thanks
Raven

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register