7 days post op, Husband thinks I should be back to work!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 days post op, Husband thinks I should be back to work!! 7 days post op, Husband thinks I should be back to work!!

Unread 03-24-2012, 05:22 AM
Re: 7 days post op, Husband thinks I should be back to work!!

My biggest concern for you is the driving. You should NOT BE DRIVING YET! My doc cleared me at my 2 week appointment but said I am clear to drive when I "feel I'm ready to." That will probably be another couple weeks. I live in Vegas, in a neighborhood with a million dips and horrible drivers. I can barely RIDE in a car still, let alone drive.

Have the hubby read through this website. Go to the mister's site WITH him. If he still doesn't get it, oh well. The daughter will miss school. There will be no groceries. And the list will be unchecked. What's he gonna do about it???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2012, 06:14 AM

my heart is with you. i had my mate watch a video on youtube of my exact surger from start to finish of my whole surgery and he was so shocked at what he saw and what they did to me...Freaked him out lol,,,but this was sooooooooo good for him to see exactly what i went through and he now has the understanding of how ime feeling and how its very important to take it slow and easy...Truly i believe if you have your husband watch a video on your type of surgery i think he will totally finally get it that you need very special TLC.
Unread 03-24-2012, 12:56 PM

Try clicking on "articles" in the top right corner of the hystersisters site, then choose checkpoints. Show your husband what they say, especially weeks 3 and 4. I was doing too much and exhausting myself before I read them. Once I read what I could do to my body by pushing too hard to fast it scared me into being good!!!! It may help him to hear it from someone other than you. Good luck, remember your body really needs this time to heal, and your husband needs to understand that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2012, 01:56 PM

If you are still in pain, can you call your primary doctor instead of your surgeon for meds? In this day and age you should not be in pain, I would get a new doctor pronto! I work in the medical field and that is unacceptable! I'm 10 days out and I just went off pain meds but still have pain if I move the wrong way.

Get in bed and don't get up except to go the bathroom! I have fantastic support and started bleeding because I went to my best friends moms funeral, over did it!

Let us know how you are doing!
Unread 03-24-2012, 02:23 PM

I've always gone to my primary for pain management and luckily I had a ton of meds on hand before surgery because my gyn is very tight fisted with narcotics, too. It's worth a try if you explain that your gyn is not taking proper care of you.
Unread 03-24-2012, 04:29 PM

Tell him to go F%$k himself
Unread 03-25-2012, 12:46 PM

I agree with having him watch a video of the exact surgery you went through, then ask him if HE could endure that kind of trauma and then be expected to wait on other people. Then show him the video of the hystersisters checkpoints about what you shouldn't be doing right now.

Unacceptable! I am 6 weeks out and can't do the things he's expecting you to do!
Unread 03-25-2012, 02:28 PM

Thank you so much ladies, Yes I am going to have him watch the video. We had a long talk the other day and he has been MUCH better. But believe me I am sticking to my guns!! I get up in the morning and take a shower and put on a new pair of PJs just so he knows that I will not be doing anything!!! And I told him flat out that he has to take care of the house and I will not be doing anything until I feel better, he seems to be doing better with it
Unread 03-25-2012, 03:59 PM

I'll chime in with those who say take it easy, follow instructions, and he will just have to get over it. My doctor told me, in front of my husband, "No housework for two years, but parties and shopping are therapeutic," and I should do as much of that as I like. ;-) I wasn't allowed to drive for two weeks (would have been longer if I had been on narcotic pain medication), and I had the daVinci robotic surgery. Looks to me like you would need more rest and caution than I did.

If you overdo it now and end up back in the hospital, it will just take that much longer for you to recover. Some things just have to be put on the back burner.
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:28 AM

Anne21, Thank you for your message. Things have been going better since I explained everything to him. Yesterday I came out of my room and he was vacuming and mopping, I gave him a hug and told him he was doing a very nice job, grabbed my water and went back to bed. It is just the way it has to be for now and I am not going to let myself feel bad about it. Thank you so much to everyone for all the support. I truly love this site.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register