need a time machine | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need a time machine need a time machine

Unread 03-21-2012, 06:33 PM
need a time machine

Hello Ladies...
I am feeling so frustrated and annoyed right now. I am scheduled for a SAH on April 9th due to enlarged uterus and fibroids and I feel I just can't wait. The feeling like I just ate a huge dinner is with me ALL the time now. Every second of every day. And it just gets worse as the day progresses. I even wake up at night because there is NO position that is comfortable. So, of course, then I am tired all day long.

I am going away for the weekend with an old friend who hasn't seen me in a while...I don't think she will even recognize me with my 5 month preggo belly. And won't I look SO cute in my sweatpants and over-sized tops????

I envy those of you who are heading to the Castle soon. One step closer to a new you.

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Re: need a time machine

Sweetie, I know this is hard....just waiting for this to be over. Maybe you can call the doctor to see if he or she can give you something that will allow you to sleep.

It is nice that you are going away with an old friend. Sometimes those friendships are the best. Maybe a trip away will help get your mind off your problems....if only for a little while.

in there. We are here for you....

(((Hugs)))
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:11 AM

Thanks Marestail. Everything looks a little better this morning. Probably getting my period today or tomorrow, or in an hour...who knows anymore? I appreciate your response...by the way, WHY does the bloating feeling get worse throughout the day? Does it just get too crowded in there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2012, 08:50 PM

I really don't know...

BUT, the same was true with my swelly belly after surgery. In that case, I think that is just the tissues swelling with moving around.

Good luck to you....

(((Hugs)))
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:07 PM

Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one!! In fact, I had a lap 7 weeks ago, and still have not worn jeans with a belt... I don;t know now if it was that, or the fibroid!

I have to tell you a funny story. Today, I went to the doc, then to shop a bit. I was looking nice, a bit dressed up. I went to one store I used to work at, and saw a cashier I haven't seen since surgery. I told her about my impending hyster, and why. She says, as she pokes my tummy, " So is that why you're all swollen?" ummmm, wow!
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:23 PM

Okay, then....

Sometimes people's comments really amaze me. There were times that I wanted to or both before and after my surgery...

(((Hugs)))
Unread 03-23-2012, 12:01 PM

Waiting for the surgery is one of the hardest parts!!!! It may seem like forever now, but think about the long-term. You will be period-free for life afterwards!!!! It is so wonderful. I do pray that you will have a successful surgery and that you'll have peace while you wait for it.

rabianco2
LAVH Aug 2009
kept both ovaries
Unread 03-26-2012, 05:22 PM

Thank you so very much!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register