Pre-op, anxious, scared - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op, anxious, scared Pre-op, anxious, scared

Unread 01-09-2002, 06:22 PM
You can do it!

You have come to the right place to soothe your nerves. I am scheduled for my TAH, on Monday, 1/14/02, and have been preparing for almost a month. Luckily I found this board right away and although I initially had some "doom & gloom" thoughts, through reading all the posts, making my lists, asking the recommended questions, etc. I now feel ready and positive about the whole thing! And I will never, ever, miss the flooding and pain I've been dealing with for almost two years.

Hang in there Rachel, and read, read, read this board. It's amazing the number of things you will learn and that will hopefully help you through this.

Good Luck!

Denise B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2002, 06:46 PM
Pre-op, anxious, scared

HELLO I CAN RELATE I TO AM VERY SCARED I AM 29 SEVER ENDO AND ADENOMIOSIS I AM TO HAVE TVH/ LAPAROSCOPY ON
1-18-02 DONT HAVE ANY ONE TO TALK TO THAT REALLY UNDERSTANDS I AM VERY EMOTIONAL AM USALLY A VERY CALM AND EASY GOING PERSON BUT RIGHT NOW CANT THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE BUT MESELF. VERY SCARED BUT WILL BE VERY GLAD WHEN THIS IS A THING OF THE PAST I HOPE EVERY THING GOES VERY WELL FOR YOU

GOOD LUCK ,SPEEDY RECOVER AND GOD BLESS

TAMERA
Unread 01-10-2002, 01:14 PM
Hey Girls!

BIG hugs to all of you for responding to my first post. Yesterday I typed another novel in response, don't know what happened, but it disappeared once again and I was ready to murder the computer!! I'll try copying this to a clipboard before submitting it, as Toonces recommended. Also, this message wouldn’t send with ”smilies” in it—bummer.

Since I'm new to this, I'm unsure how to respond to posts--do I include everyone who has responded to me up until now in this response? Oh well girls, I'm wingin it.

To Emmie: My thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow--you won't go through this alone. I'm with you in spirit, as are scores of other women. I really connected with your message because your problem mirrors my own. It's terrible not knowing exactly what's cookin' inside us. I tell people I have a "UDO" or Unidentified Disgusting Object. My doctor also said I could have a degenerating fibroid--he mentioned this before cancer, so I'm trying to focus on that being the problem. However, just the sound of something degenerating (or rotting) inside me makes me want to barf. I haven't experienced a lot of pain during the past 3 mos., just like you say, bothersome. It seemed to happen overnight too, although I'm sure it's been brewing for awhile. A couple of times I had severe cramping which felt like one lonngggg labor contraction, and ended up in bed with drugs--thank God for them. On those occasions, I was ready to operate on myself with kitchen utensils. Depending on where I am in my cycle, my belly will feel very round and tight, and other times look like it is deflating, giving me a glimmer of hope that this problem will go away. My doctor assures me the problem will get worse if I let it go. Anyway, good luck tomorrow (I hope you see this message in time) and Godspeed. I'll be waiting to hear how you do.

To Colleen, Eva, Janifer, Karly, Denise, & Tamera: Wouldn't it be nice if we could all be wheeled into surgery together on adjoining gurneys and holding hands...this would be after a few stiff drinks of course, and lots of hugs and laughs. I've read all of your messages and can so relate to the fears and emotions. It's really wonderful to have a site like this--I don't feel like I'm going through this alone. To any of you going crazy with trying to get stuff done around the house before the big day, take a deep breath and take it easy. What gets done will get done, and what doesn't, maybe someone else will do it--or maybe not. This is coming from a person who was quite anal retentive over the years about housekeeping, and saw herself turning into her mother—eek! I've feared that because I'm a stay-at-home mom, people will think I ought to have a spotlessly clean "Martha Stewart" house. It used to be I couldn't leave my house unless certain things were done, as if the burglars cared if beds were made. I have to keep reminding myself that my sanity and health comes first.

To Miss Emma, Okta, Maggie C. & Jacqui: Your words of support and encouragement were wonderful and helped me through the day.

To Beth: I know you posted me a message, but I can't find it. Arghhh! I've been in therapy for 15 yrs. (started at 21) and was taking anti-depressants (tried many) for the past 7. I took myself off them in spring '01 because I got tired of the side-effects and didn't really feel they were working. I seem to be ruled by my cycle and my moods act accordingly. I may try something else if I don't feel better after surgery and a reasonable recovery time. I'm happy that Prozac is working for you and thanks for your kind words of advice.
One last thing to toss out there: I know stress plays a major role in people's health, and this past year was a doozy for me. My husband was unemployed for 6 mos. (luckily got a job right before Christmas--what a present) Unfortunately, he's working in Mass. 'till end of Feb., so it makes this whole thing a little harder. My 46 yr. old sister took her life three days after 9/11, and I flew to CA to orchestrate her funeral--to say my family is dysfunctional is an extreme understatement, long story. Anyway, I thought I dealt with this whole thing head-on and in a way that was healthy for me, and then this problem started a month later. I can't help but think that stress has manifested itself in my belly.

Enough for now, love to you all,
Rachel M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2002, 02:19 PM
Pre-op, anxious, scared

I am also scheduled to have TAH/BSO on the 14th Jan. I have ovarian cancer, endo, & fibroids. I go in for my per-op tomorrow and have 2 other scheduled appointments too. I am also nervous and anxious as well. I am trying to keep myself calm. I have so many things that I have do before 14th. I am worried I won't get everything done. I can't sleep and my stomach has been upset. I am sure it nerves. I have been having the craziest dreams lately. I feeling a little out of control.

((((((((((((((((my sisters))))))))))))))))))

Arva
(AJD)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register