TVH I blow-dried my hair today!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I blow-dried my hair today!! I blow-dried my hair today!!

Unread 03-23-2012, 10:29 AM
I blow-dried my hair today!!

The simplest things are major accomplishments for us, aren't they? I knew the physical recovery would be painful....and it is. Weird things are happening to and coming from my body--sorry, tmi.

The emotional part, not even talking about losing my actual uterus (that's a while nother story) is just as difficult. I'm pale, tired, blah, sad that I can't get on the treadmill yet, don't fully stand upright because I'm afraid of pulling something, feel guilty that I'm not able to do anything around the house, feel so so so sad that I can't make love to my husband who has been incredible through this whole thing.

I'm 10 days post op. So far today, I have showered, blow-dried my hair, put in a barrette, put on clean jammies, had breakfast and drank coffee. This may be all I do today. I am still me....I am still Kathy. Today will be a good day.

Happy healing princesses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Re: I blow-dried my hair today!!

Good for you lady!!! My surgery was the 20th, and I was able to take a shower last night. That, in itself, felt amazing.

Don't feel guilty about what can and can not do. The most important thing you can do right now is take care of yourself!! Baby steps!

Your right... today will be a good day.

Happy Healing to you as well...
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:12 AM

I know how you feel. I was so proud today because I put on sweats instead of pjs and went for a five minute walk. Little victories!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2012, 06:03 PM

A victory of any size is that...a victory! We'll get there. I just wasn't prepared for this...

My daughter (16) picked me up Starbucks and that gave me a ton of energy....I used that energy to eat a brownie!! Woohoo!!!
Unread 03-23-2012, 06:37 PM

It does feel like a long time to recover, but you will. It was easily a month before I blow dried my hair ... And wearing clothes made me feel so good, even though they were ugly big pants - they weren't pajamas!

I'm not sure you can really prepare yourself - unless you've had major surgery before. I had not, and I felt like I had been hit by a bus! Totally unprepared ... But it is amazing how you heal, just go slow and treat yourself well. You'll get there!
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:05 PM

Borgster, you put a smile on my face! You've got your priorities straight on what to do with any extra energy. You WILL feel better; eventually you'll graduate to two brownies!

Recovery will go smoother if you plan to be a lazy bum for a long time. Progress seems to come slowly at first, but if you think about it, someone opened us up, foraged around for an hour or two, then sewed us back up. And we LIVED to tell about it!
Unread 03-24-2012, 04:51 AM

TAH on March 8th and tomorrow will be my first day out of bed all day (fingers crossed). My goal is to get back to where the only thing I do in bed is sleep - to help with the insomnia. But I still need to get horizontal after eating breakfast in the dining room. Tomorrow, horizontal will be on the couch instead. Two days ago I went to Walmart with DH. He got food and I got two pairs of pants I can wear out that aren't PJ's. Thr rest of the day before and after it was right back in bed.

Take the time. Treasure the rest. Set goals and don't be upset if they get put off until tomorrow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register