Scheduled TAH Upcoming Surgery 4/10 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming Surgery 4/10 Upcoming Surgery 4/10

Unread 03-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Re: Upcoming Surgery

I did my pre-op over the phone about a week before surgery and no bowel prep was required. Only no food/drink after midnight the night before and no ibuprofen or aspirin for one week prior. I had TAH as well. I think every hospital/surgeon has preferences is all. Keep us posted. The worst part is the waiting...for sure. Afterwards, the pain was much less than I expected and really, I am just very tired. Even got to go home after one day Love that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2012, 09:17 AM

yah the waiting is the worst part, i just want it to get here. i do bowel prep and clear liquid diet for the day before surgery and no eating after mid night, and then surgery the 10th. ill be in hospital from tuesday until friday they plan on unless i recover super fast which im not planning on. i have lots of stomach problems and have had surgeries before. we will see i guess. i just want it to hurry up and get here lol. most people dread it, which i kinda am, but i also hate waiting this long, 17 days 4 hours and 41 minutes to go ugh
Unread 03-26-2012, 05:59 PM

Hi...I am having my surgery on April 10th as well (9:30am) EST time & can't wait for it to be over with. Have had so much pain over the last yr, I hope this surgery will help me to feel back to normal. I go for my pre-op testing this Fri & medical clearance appt is April 4th.

It will be nice to talk to someone who is going through the same thing, please keep me updated on your surgery.

Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2012, 06:25 PM

we can keep each other updated! big hugs
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:44 PM

I'd be happy to talk to you...sending my thoughts & prayers your way!!

Take care,
Moered
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:46 PM

thank you moered, now that its only 2 weeks away all the nerves are starting. have had surgeries before but nothing like this.
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:02 PM

You'll be just fine, we have alot of great support here..My new gyn (got a 2nd opinion) has been wonderful so I know he will take good care of me, told me not to worry cuz things will be so much better than they are now..

If you need to talk, let me know...

Unread 03-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Re: 2 days until.....

I have my trip to the magical castle on the 10th in 11 1/2 days. anxious for it to get here but now that its close i am getting really scared and nervous. i had 3 laporoscopies before but this is going to be abdominal. so happy to have the support from everyone on here but still cant help but be nervous.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairejohnson6 View Post
Good luck for today, hopetodance. Will be in my thoughts. iright behind you in the castle on Friday, in sunny Exeter in Devon England.
It's great to have found this site although I prob should sleep as last day of work tomorrow.
Much love to all of you On this journey.
Claire
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Upcoming Surgery 4/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillsurvive View Post
I have my trip to the magical castle on the 10th in 11 1/2 days. anxious for it to get here but now that its close i am getting really scared and nervous. i had 3 laporoscopies before but this is going to be abdominal. so happy to have the support from everyone on here but still cant help but be nervous.
Me too! My castle trip is in 11 days, but ill be leaving home in 10 days because my surgery is about 2 hrs away flying time
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Re: 2 days until.....

good luck to you!
  Quote:
Originally Posted by bittersweets View Post
Me too! My castle trip is in 11 days, but ill be leaving home in 10 days because my surgery is about 2 hrs away flying time

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register