Scheduled TAH Upcoming Surgery 4/10 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming Surgery 4/10 Upcoming Surgery 4/10

Unread 03-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Re: Upcoming Surgery

thank you very much. did you have abdominal? how long did you stay in hospital and how is your pain now that youre home and its a week later? are yo uable to move around much or do much at the house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videogamer View Post
Hi all I am now a little over a week post op and I can tell you the worst part is the waiting. I tried to keep myself busy cleaning and decorating the house for Easter. I also spent a good deal of time on this site :-) I was scared but I put my faith in God and my wonderful doctor. I can't lie and say that this week has been easy but it has been managable and it gets better each day. Best of luck to you and stay busy. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2012, 04:16 PM

I agree with Videogamer, I'm 11 days post op and can't believe how fast the time is going, seemed like it took forever for the surgery date to arrive. I also had abdominal, I was in the hospital for 48 hours. My Dr had me up 21 hours after surgery taking a shower, removing catheter and IV's & had me walking. My first 3 days were the worst but every day is better. Had my 10 post op appt yesterday and Dr said everything is going great, I drove myself there and move around pretty easily. Only have slight pain in my incision area, have been off all pain meds since Sunday night. Best of luck to you!
Unread 03-29-2012, 04:58 PM

thank you for the reply. my surgery is on a tuesday and my surgeon said i should plan on being at the hospital till friday. yah its taking forever for it to get here. it got scheduled 21 days ahead of time, its going by slow but now its finally down to 11 1/2 days till d day. cant wait. did the cut hurt very much the night of surgery and the day after?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBloomers View Post
I agree with Videogamer, I'm 11 days post op and can't believe how fast the time is going, seemed like it took forever for the surgery date to arrive. I also had abdominal, I was in the hospital for 48 hours. My Dr had me up 21 hours after surgery taking a shower, removing catheter and IV's & had me walking. My first 3 days were the worst but every day is better. Had my 10 post op appt yesterday and Dr said everything is going great, I drove myself there and move around pretty easily. Only have slight pain in my incision area, have been off all pain meds since Sunday night. Best of luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Re: 2 days until.....

Yes the liquid diet and bowel prep is going to suck. I am not looking forward to that.
So sorry you have to wait so late in the day. That is tough.

What part of WI are you in. I used to live in Oshkosh area.

Oh you said clear liquid diet? My dr and instructions just say any liquids. Hmm.. wonder why yours is clear?
Unread 03-30-2012, 12:17 PM

yah it sucks being so late in the day. i am a major eater. I am not overweight more than couple pound that i would like to get off, but i eat constantly. if i dont eat when im hungry i get sick. thats what im worried about. after the surgery ill be dopey on the morphine and stuff so i wont worry too much about food, its leading up to it ugh. this surgery better be worth it haha. yah i had 3 laporoscopies in the past but never did bowel cleanse or liquid diet and went home same day for each one. They were very direct in stating i have a clear liquid diet the day before. i stocked up on veggie broth(im vegan) I am in friendship, its about 30 minutes north of wisconsin dells. where are you living now? we homeschool our daughter and her main headquarters is by appleton and oshkosh, we go there a lot for her field trips. i think mine are clear liquids and yours arent cuz i see youre having a divinci surgery. not as severe. I am having total ABDOMINAL. so clear liquids will pass through my system faster and probably have to be clear so any that is left they can see through to work. ill be in the hospital for 3 1/2 days and then recovery is up to 6 weeks they said. she wanted me originally to do laporoscopy but we both agreed abdominal has less chance for complications or problems and easier for her to get to things if she comes across other problems once im opened up. well good luck and keep me posted! big hugs hystersister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegsP View Post
Yes the liquid diet and bowel prep is going to suck. I am not looking forward to that.
So sorry you have to wait so late in the day. That is tough.

What part of WI are you in. I used to live in Oshkosh area.

Oh you said clear liquid diet? My dr and instructions just say any liquids. Hmm.. wonder why yours is clear?
Unread 03-30-2012, 05:17 PM

[quote=iwillsurvive;3722998]yah it sucks being so late in the day. i am a major eater. I am not overweight more than couple pound that i would like to get off, but i eat constantly. if i dont eat when im hungry i get sick. thats what im worried about. after the surgery ill be dopey on the morphine and stuff so i wont worry too much about food, its leading up to it ugh. this surgery better be worth it haha. yah i had 3 laporoscopies in the past but never did bowel cleanse or liquid diet and went home same day for each one. They were very direct in stating i have a clear liquid diet the day before. i stocked up on veggie broth(im vegan) I am in friendship, its about 30 minutes north of wisconsin dells. where are you living now? we homeschool our daughter and her main headquarters is by appleton and oshkosh, we go there a lot for her field trips. i think mine are clear liquids and yours arent cuz i see youre having a divinci surgery. not as severe. I am having total ABDOMINAL. so clear liquids will pass through my system faster and probably have to be clear so any that is left they can see through to work. ill be in the hospital for 3 1/2 days and then recovery is up to 6 weeks they said. she wanted me originally to do laporoscopy but we both agreed abdominal has less chance for complications or problems and easier for her to get to things if she comes across other problems once im opened up. well good luck and keep me posted! big hugs hystersister! [/QUOTE

Yes I know where Friendship is. We used to visit WI Dell a few times. We live in Kansas now near Wichita.

I hope your surgery goes smooth as well. I am starting to get very nervous now. Not sure why I know this is the best plan for me but I cant help but be nervous.
Unread 03-30-2012, 09:06 PM

thanks for the good luck wishes, ill need all of them i can get, and same to you. big hugs. ive never been to kansas, are there a lot of tornados there? we have them every year here. just last summer we had one do a ton of damage about 2 miles behind my house and at the same time another one 2 miles in front of our house. very scary. im hoping everything goes smoothly too and no surprises when i wake up. yah im getting nervous now too. ive had a countdown going on my computer and in other places. have been super excited to not be in pain anymore, but now that its almost a week away, it actually feels real and scary. its getting close and thats all i can think about. im fine during the day cuz i keep myself busy but at night when i relax for the night thats all that i can do. dont get much sleep. my mom is so sweet, shes going to spend the first night at the hospital with me. well hang in there, we can support each other!
[quote=MegsP;3723224]
  Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillsurvive View Post
yah it sucks being so late in the day. i am a major eater. I am not overweight more than couple pound that i would like to get off, but i eat constantly. if i dont eat when im hungry i get sick. thats what im worried about. after the surgery ill be dopey on the morphine and stuff so i wont worry too much about food, its leading up to it ugh. this surgery better be worth it haha. yah i had 3 laporoscopies in the past but never did bowel cleanse or liquid diet and went home same day for each one. They were very direct in stating i have a clear liquid diet the day before. i stocked up on veggie broth(im vegan) I am in friendship, its about 30 minutes north of wisconsin dells. where are you living now? we homeschool our daughter and her main headquarters is by appleton and oshkosh, we go there a lot for her field trips. i think mine are clear liquids and yours arent cuz i see youre having a divinci surgery. not as severe. I am having total ABDOMINAL. so clear liquids will pass through my system faster and probably have to be clear so any that is left they can see through to work. ill be in the hospital for 3 1/2 days and then recovery is up to 6 weeks they said. she wanted me originally to do laporoscopy but we both agreed abdominal has less chance for complications or problems and easier for her to get to things if she comes across other problems once im opened up. well good luck and keep me posted! big hugs hystersister! [/QUOTE

Yes I know where Friendship is. We used to visit WI Dell a few times. We live in Kansas now near Wichita.

I hope your surgery goes smooth as well. I am starting to get very nervous now. Not sure why I know this is the best plan for me but I cant help but be nervous.
Unread 03-31-2012, 01:40 PM

Yes Kansas in general gets a lot of tornados. So far in the two years I have lived here we havent had any in our area.
Thankfully.

Yes I found out that I was going to do the hysterectomy and the date all this past monday so I havent had to long to digest it all but every day closer I get the more nervous I get. I am very nervous for the bowel prep too. That just sounds awful.

I am a little worried about my period coming. I am on cycle day 22 and mine shows on day 31 (normally) so that would put me starting on the day before surgery. What happens then? Can they still do it if I am on my period? I need to look into that.

[quote=iwillsurvive;3723365]thanks for the good luck wishes, ill need all of them i can get, and same to you. big hugs. ive never been to kansas, are there a lot of tornados there? we have them every year here. just last summer we had one do a ton of damage about 2 miles behind my house and at the same time another one 2 miles in front of our house. very scary. im hoping everything goes smoothly too and no surprises when i wake up. yah im getting nervous now too. ive had a countdown going on my computer and in other places. have been super excited to not be in pain anymore, but now that its almost a week away, it actually feels real and scary. its getting close and thats all i can think about. im fine during the day cuz i keep myself busy but at night when i relax for the night thats all that i can do. dont get much sleep. my mom is so sweet, shes going to spend the first night at the hospital with me. well hang in there, we can support each other!
Unread 03-31-2012, 02:07 PM

mine was scheduled 21 days ahead of time so time has been going on super slow. finally down to 9 1/2 days. i am due to have my period sometime around the 8th through the 10th. i called my surgeon and they said that it doesnt matter and they will still do my surgery, not a problem. doesnt make a difference. im assuming your doc will do the same thing but all docs are different so i recommend you give them a call and find out for sure. hopefully you can still do it that day so we can be surgery buddies lol. you probably already told me, but what time is your surgery? mine starts around 2 and im supposed to be there at noon.

[quote=MegsP;3723811]Yes Kansas in general gets a lot of tornados. So far in the two years I have lived here we havent had any in our area.
Thankfully.

Yes I found out that I was going to do the hysterectomy and the date all this past monday so I havent had to long to digest it all but every day closer I get the more nervous I get. I am very nervous for the bowel prep too. That just sounds awful.

I am a little worried about my period coming. I am on cycle day 22 and mine shows on day 31 (normally) so that would put me starting on the day before surgery. What happens then? Can they still do it if I am on my period? I need to look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillsurvive View Post
thanks for the good luck wishes, ill need all of them i can get, and same to you. big hugs. ive never been to kansas, are there a lot of tornados there? we have them every year here. just last summer we had one do a ton of damage about 2 miles behind my house and at the same time another one 2 miles in front of our house. very scary. im hoping everything goes smoothly too and no surprises when i wake up. yah im getting nervous now too. ive had a countdown going on my computer and in other places. have been super excited to not be in pain anymore, but now that its almost a week away, it actually feels real and scary. its getting close and thats all i can think about. im fine during the day cuz i keep myself busy but at night when i relax for the night thats all that i can do. dont get much sleep. my mom is so sweet, shes going to spend the first night at the hospital with me. well hang in there, we can support each other!
Unread 03-31-2012, 02:58 PM

Oh my you have had time to prepare. I think I would go crazy if I had to wait any long than 2 weeks.
My surgery is at 8am and I have to be there at 6am. I am glad it is early but it will be a little tough on my little one. She will be in the waiting room with hubby.
Yeah I will call the dr on if mine shows and see what he says. from what I have read your right it shouldnt matter so that makes me feel better.

[quote=iwillsurvive;3723825]mine was scheduled 21 days ahead of time so time has been going on super slow. finally down to 9 1/2 days. i am due to have my period sometime around the 8th through the 10th. i called my surgeon and they said that it doesnt matter and they will still do my surgery, not a problem. doesnt make a difference. im assuming your doc will do the same thing but all docs are different so i recommend you give them a call and find out for sure. hopefully you can still do it that day so we can be surgery buddies lol. you probably already told me, but what time is your surgery? mine starts around 2 and im supposed to be there at noon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegsP View Post
Yes Kansas in general gets a lot of tornados. So far in the two years I have lived here we havent had any in our area.
Thankfully.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register