Scheduled TVH Ready to Go for Monday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ready to Go for   Monday Ready to Go for Monday

Unread 03-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Ready to Go for Monday

Hello!

I've been lurking for awhile now, but things have finally gotten rolling this week.

I am scheduled for a TVH on Monday (March 26). I had my pre-op last night (my surgeon is working nights this week) and had my appt with the SAC (Surgical Admission Center) this morning. I've had all of the labs done, the evil bowel prep meds picked up and am even sporting my sassy hospital bracelet (no idea why they are making me wear it over the weekend).

After almost 6 years of dysfunctional uterine bleeding, chronic cervicitis and horrific periods since I was 13, I am very much ready to evict the uterus and the cervix. I just wanted to say thanks for all of the advice. Reading these discussions has made it a little less daunting. I wish everyone the best of luck!

~S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Re: Ready to Go for Monday

Hey Stacy! I'm scheduled for davinci on Monday and am sporting the bracelet too. My kiddos in my class thought it was the coolest thing ever! I picked up my prep stuff too and literally cried over my momma explaining on the phone how to use the enema. What all are you planning to take with you? I'm trying not to overpack because I'm sure my husband doesn't want to lug my stuff around! Good luck on Monday!
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:04 PM

Hello,
Good luck on Monday, I am sure everything will be fine. I too had to wear the designer bracelet over the weekend. lol I am 7 weeks out and feel really good. I am sooooooo glad I had the surgery and chose to evicted my friends also. lol Best of Luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2012, 12:01 AM

Thanks!!

Bananaheadski: My parents just about died laughing when I told them about the bowel prep. The girls at the pharmacy were snickering too. I love spicy food, so I keep reminding myself that I have to take it easy this weekend on the food. LOL! I'm planning on wearing comfy jammies to the hospital and will just wear the same pair going home. I'll have the hubs bring a blanket and bathrobe since I get cold pretty easily. Bringing cellphone and charger and the Nook. I check-in at 8am, but surgery won't be until around 1pm. How about you?

Sundropgrl: Thanks! I'm glad that it all went so well for you!

~S.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register