LAVH Looking forward to physical relations with spouse | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Looking forward to physical relations with spouse Looking forward to physical relations with spouse

Unread 03-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Looking forward to physical relations with spouse

I'm right over four weeks post-op, I will have first real exam in Mid-April, just around 7 weeks post-op. I'm hoping I will get clearance for sex, because frankly I love it After visiting the other threads, and seeing only problems with this, I feel let-down and bad, because of the unknown. Before my surgery, I asked all the questions of my doctor and was actually pretty blunt about it too. I half kiddingly told him, not to mess "my vagina" up, because, I'm young, with spouse, and enjoy our sex life together. Is there anyone on here that have good things to report about sex post-surgery. I started HRT the day after surgery, I had total hysterectomy, bladder repaired and all endo burned out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Re: Looking forward to physical relations with spouse

Hi! I'm only 4 days post op, and I haven't really looked through the post op threads yet, however I have 3 friends who have a hysterectomy and have nothing but great things to say about their sex lives now. After having my prolapses, I'm hoping to have my great sex life back soon.
Unread 03-24-2012, 05:50 PM

Sisters- I am 3 months post op LAVH/bladder sling (kept ovaries) and was cleared at my 6 week. Sex is amazing - nothing has changed for me, except I find I am "more in the mood" - my DH said it doesn't feel different to him at all! I did not have dryness or any other problem you may read about here. It was like I didn't have surgery at all!! Whatever you do - DON'T tell your DH about the vaginal cuff and some of the horror stories you have read - I did and my DH was so scared he was gonna hurt me! Ha! Little did he know.....it is incredible!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2012, 06:04 PM

I too am worried about sex. The only forum I've found on here regarding sex is the "sexual disfunction" one. It's nothing but doom and gloom on there. I'm so happy to hear there are positive stories out there! I'm only 2 weeks post op but can't wait for the clearance.
Unread 03-24-2012, 06:42 PM

I'm only 10days out, but already have that question. Last night, I showered, managed to shave, put on cute VERY short sundress, hair...whole bit. He's more scared than I am! Told him dr ok'd outercourse, but nothing...at least he slept in bed with me. I had severe pain out of the blue a week before surgery, and he hasnt wanted me to be uncomfortable. Even though nothing happened, that was the best night sleep in a long time!
Unread 03-24-2012, 11:52 PM

Thanks for all the positive responses about the big SEX question. I'm looking forward to the next part of my recovery, I'm hoping my relationship with my husband will be even better in the years to come, because I took care of some otherwise ugly and painful health issues I've been dealing with for two decades. I hope this thread will encourage others to speak about this personal and sensitive issue.
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:51 AM

I had a dVh/BSO and was extremely concerned about post op sex. Pre hyster my libido was insane and I didn't want that messed up. I've never had children, so the playground was still intact. At 3 weeks, I was allowed outercourse and had a ridiculous irgasm in no time at all. I'm on HRT and no trouble with lube. I'm out 6 months now and my labido is even more ridiculous-er. It takes nothing for me to orgasm and they almost always are multiples now. They are stellar. It's crazy and I LOVE it!!! My hubby says it feels tighter for him, so no complaints : ) good luck to you.
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:57 AM

Oh Sharona, here's hoping it's the same for all of us!! Lucky you!
Unread 03-31-2012, 02:10 PM

Thanks for the positive and open comments. My 2nd and final post op visit is coming up in two week. Hopefully Dr. will take a looksy and give me the A-okay to have sex. It has been 5 weeks-3 days since my surgery and I'm waiting patiently, for now I will continue to sleep close to my hubby and dream about it I want to make sure I'm completely healed, because recovering has been a long process.
Unread 03-31-2012, 02:16 PM

I will be 9 weeks this Tuesday. Although I am waiting on sex till 12 weeks, husband and I have resumed fourplay and I achieve orgasms quicker and more intense than I ever have..And multiples as well!! They are wonderful! I only have one ovary remaining..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register