Scheduled dVH/RALH When it rains it pours | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When it rains it pours When it rains it pours

Unread 03-24-2012, 06:23 PM
When it rains it pours

I was supposed to have my hyster March 6th but I got sick with a cold and my hubby had pneumonia, so they moved it to April 24th.

My dad was in the ICU last week with a virus that's attacking his heart. It caused him to have a mild heart attack. This week my sister-in-law, who's only in her 30's and has a baby and young child was just diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and is in the hospital and not doing well at all.

If you've read any of my past posts, you know I struggle with guilt and now I feel even more guilty like I just can't take time to do this surgery (I have 3 little ones and the oldest is 5). To make matters more confusing, I had to come off of the pill to prepare for surgery and since coming off my periods have been close to a normal flow instead of intensely heavy. Though they are lasting around 10 days and I'm cramping horribly. I do feel useless though. I've been laid up most of the day today because I feel awful. The cramps don't just hurt, they wipe me out. Like it's tiring to be in pain if that makes sense.

I'm telling myself that the 6 to 8 week recovery will be an inconvenience for my family, but after that I will be more help than I am now with these horrible cramps. I'm tired of being tired and even more tired of the pain and discomfort.

My dad has been released from the hospital and is back home and doing fairly well. He lives a 3 hour drive away from me, so it's hard on me that I can't just drop by and see him when ever I want.

Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Re: When it rains it pours

Abagayle,

My best wishes to you in that things get easier. You are not selfish if you put yourself first when it comes to health. Just like when you are on an airplane...administer the O2 to yourself first, right? Or you will be of no use to others...Other people in your life will continue to have issues whether you are 100% or not. This is a factor completely out of your control. If you cannot be there physically..then be there in spirit. Send a card or write a letter offering your feelings. Do not feel guilty for taking control of what will make you eventually more available to them. Does that make sense? You cannot change or alter the outcome of what is to be with others...however..you can be an active participant in your recovery. If a Doc deemed a hysterectomy necessary to you...then you need to do what is best for you. If you feel awful then you are of no use to others until you heal. Did you get a second opinion? Have these symptoms controlled your life as of late? Ask yourself these important questions and know that your sisters are here for you. I have been second guessing myself for 10+ years...I am now taking care of business. If that makes me seem selfish to others than so be it...to some it also makes me a hero. For me ...I just want to be a good person, Mom, sister, friend and most of all wife. Sending nothing but good thoughts your way...
Unread 03-24-2012, 09:35 PM

Hi Abagayle
Sorry to hear about your family struggles. Praying for your niece!
I had a DvH 10 days ago and feeling pretty good...my dr originally said I would be feeling good 2-3 weeks out much less than 6-8 weeks for abdominal procedure. I am returning to work Monday (am a bit afraid...wish I could tell work no but will take it easy) and just wanted to let you know that you may heal quicker than you think...you must take care of yourself first...the rest will fall into place. Put yourself first! I know...unheard of...but you can do it! I am the last person who can do nothing but everyday for over a week I got out of bed and made my place on the couch for the day and said I MUST HEAL.....Good luck! OX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2012, 09:45 PM

Abagayle,

I am so sorry to hear about your family struggles. You have much to handle. However, you need to take care your health too. Your family may be inconvenienced for while during your recovery, but they will do okay. We women can sometimes sacrifice too much for those we love. It does no good for you to not take care of your health, and then not be able to take care of your family down the road.

Good luck to you....

(((Hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register