TAH Still in pain - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Still in pain Still in pain

Unread 04-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Re: Still in pain

Thank you for being so open and honest ladies.
Katwoman - I still try to sneeze, laugh etc very gently - pulls more than hurts. I avoid bending down (do you know how many things you can pick up with curled toes?!) Of course being overweight I was a bend over not bend knees gal but trying to work on that.

Two wonderful things happened to me today!

First it was 6 p.m. and I realized I was taking my first pain killer of the day! (I had taken 2 Ibp during the day but they do nothing for me.)

And the BIG one for me - I looked down - and my stomach wasn't sticking out past my boobs for the first time in probably 2 years!!!!!! I cried!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2012, 07:36 PM

that **** belly size will really get u down,FIGHT IT-you are not belly size-you are you.
my sister growing up always made fun of me growing up and i still havea complex and remeber every hateful thing she said,BUT i am now 130lbs and she's close to 200 lbs.its my sweet secret revenge cause i'd never say you're the one fat now but gosh i want to.the things that stick in our heads growing up.ppl. would say out of us all the 3 girls i would be fat one,i overheard but i beat them all,its my sweet secret revenge,my heart is too big to say look @you.you are gonna feel better eventually and you will lose weight.i lost 10 lbs the 1st 3months.have some faith.make this yr daily prayer and also accept WHO YOU ARE.
Unread 04-19-2012, 07:49 PM

I am still in some pain.....too...had a SAH...kept my cervix and ovaries.....i am still on a cath since the doctor accidently nicked the bladder when he was taken out a very large fibroid sitting on the uterus. They were both laying on the bladder. I have tummy pilow which helps but it isn't easy walking or getting up. It isn't easy with the BM's either....even with drinking plenty of water...also taken gas-x for the gas...I am taking ibeprofin for the pain.....walking as much as i am able with a cath. It has been a week and four days since the surgery.....so i am assuming it will be a while bef the pain fully goes away. I get the cath out next tues so that will be a good day and i can concentrate on my recovery....just want to get through the next few weeks......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2012, 07:56 PM

i am so sorry for your pain.i had went into this totally blind-sided.i cant belive i thought i would've better @ 6 weeks.what a fool i was.
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:03 PM

Thanks Christinatas but I was overweight before this happened. So seeing my stomach disappear a bit really did me good. I am the 200 lb gal still. Funny - I have 2 sisters too - neither call me fat and I was a toothpick growing up but I sure hate having my picture taken - especially beside them!
One thing I have found with all this time to sit around and think is about lots of the past and acceptance and loving and forgiving myself (I'm 51 - happy that you may have learned this long before me.) I know when I come to grips to what I feel are my failures.....and this hysterectomy is one for me and took a long time to face and I'm still accepting......then I will love myself and lose weight.
I am so happy for you that you have lost weight! Keep it off because it gets harder to lose it as you get older. I have to get in shape more so than I even have to lose weight. Being sick for so long has put me very inactive so I celebrate big time for every little baby step!
One thing that scared me about this surgery is I kept reading that women tend to put on 20+ lbs and I asked my dr about that - I cannot afford to put on more weight! He said it is true because most women eat the same but are not active for a few months. I did not think this was a time to start dieting while healing, so although I was careful I was not trying to be heroic! I avoided the scale until last week and while dreading it - I lost 5 lbs since surgery! I didn't even care that I lost I was just so happy that I didn't gain!
Everything about this surgery is an emotional roller coaster for me!
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:15 PM

Hi Bookfan! I'm a book fan too!
Sorry to hear of your pain and having to have the catheter still. You are early into it (you had your operation on my sister's birthday!) Like Christianatas, I thought at 6 weeks or at least by 8 weeks I'd be totally perfect! I even read a ton of books on the subject! Most contradict each other on the subject - one even has a list of activities you can do at each week - and yet I still had this 6 week timeline firmly planted. It appears my dr has that timeline planted too! He hasn't made me feel too good about my recovery (and yes Christinatas that's part why I feel "bad" that I'm not "doing as well as other women" as he put it to me.
Things will get better day by day Bookfan! Good luck at your appointment next week and let us know how it went.
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:38 PM

Carnationz, soo happy for you ;-) that may be little things to some but for us its a giant step. I heard that once those things start happening its all up hill from there, hope you have a even better tomorrow.
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:43 PM

Thanks Katwoman - a better tomorrow for you too!
Are warm baths helping you? I am off for a jacuzzi! I just started being able to even get into the tub and now it's my fav place!
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:50 PM

Carnationz, iam was also 200 lbs and I lost 7lbs I need to loose 40 more. Last year I was 155 still overweight for 5'1" but all from the hips down my waist was a 26 now its a 30 so I look like a upside down pear. So iam right there with you.
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:55 PM

Christinatas, we all believed in the fairly tale that the magic week was 6 for some lucky ones it was I wish we were in that group, but all I keep hearing is that it takes time I just wish I know how much longer?
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register